13

13

//

"Almost there, right?" I questioned quietly, my eyes failing to drive in the dark any longer.

Aria was on one of her mood swings, I guess, so we decided to stay overnight at a hotel. It's been twelve hours since we had a proper meal, and now our stomachs are moaning and our mouths are dry from thirst. I wouldn't blame her, though. I drank all the soda cans.

"Yeah, just a mile up ahead." She nodded at me as her small and thin fingers softly grasped my phone. We used a map app to arrive at our location.

Thank god. "Alright." I finally parked in front of the hotel. I even felt a little intimidated at the size of the place. Why here, though? We could've just stayed at a nice little motel, I didn't care. "Aria?"

She stepped out of the car and lifted her head up to look at me. "What?"

"This," I gestured to the hotel in front of us. "Why the hell are we staying here? We should've went for a smaller sized one!"

Her answer was pointless as usual. "I got some cash in the trunk," She pursed her pink and seemingly smooth lips. "We got enough to splurge on this one. C'mon."

I made a face, still thinking why the fuck I even ran away with her in the first place. Spending money on here was just a waste. We held onto our suitcases and walked inside, the hotel very luxurious. I lived a good enough life with more money than I ever needed, so this felt like another one of my dad's useless spending. It was too much for me sometimes.

After checking in we went to our suite, room 2124 on the second floor. Yup, the suite was big and it had a lot of stuff we honestly didn't need. I sighed slightly as I tried to think of whether I should sleep on the bed with Aria or on the floor again.

Though Aria had a different idea in mind. She called my name, softly. "Want to have a midnight swim? I need to calm myself down from what's happened today."

I nodded right away, an image of Aria in a skimpy bikini already in my head. "I'm going to change in the bathroom," She spoke and grabbed a swimsuit from her suitcase, shutting the door behind her.

I quickly changed into my swim trunks before she came back wearing a black bikini. I couldn't help myself but let my jaw hang low, my eyes immediately trailing down on her boobs.

"Keep your eyes up here or I swear I will pull your trunks down in public, letting people see how small your dick is." She retorted angrily by snapping her fingers.

I cleared my throat and glanced down, actually frightened because I know she would, and I led the both of us to the private pool up on the rooftop.

//

I've been wanting to know her secrets for a while, and she still hasn't given me any. As we were relaxing in the pool, I thought I could get some answers.

"Tell me, what's your family like?" I bravely croaked out through the silence.

Aria turned to me and shrugged. It looked like she reacted in some way, turning her head to the side a little to avoid my stare. "Um, nothing but liars."

I walked slowly over to her to hear her better. "So, you hate them."

"Not necessarily?" Her brown eyes then stared at mine truthfully. "I found out something.. a little too late before they left me. And now I'm basically left with nothing from them."

I continued to look at her and her beauty as she tried to form the words from her thoughts into a sentence.

"That's what I'm trying to do, Zayn. I'm just trying to find my parents, I'm causing people so much stress but I just want my family back. I-I don't know where they are." She softly whispered the last sentence before forming tears in her eyes. It was the first time I've seen her this emotional, and I wasn't sure how to react from it.

"Uh.. I uh," I looked down at her and I wished I could wrap my arms around her, but it didn't feel right. "Look, I'm here for you, okay? I'll help you find your parents, yeah? You have to stick with me anyways."

She nodded, wrapping her own arms around herself since I didn't. "You're really bad at comforting people, b-but thanks." She sniffed before stepping out of the pool.

I followed with my eyebrows raised. "What was I supposed to do?!"

"You could've made a move, idiot but I guess not!"

Author's Note:

Hiiii surprise :)) Don't count my word for it but hopefully I'll post from time to time :) I love you all and don't give up on me yet. Go check out my new books, Peace of m i n d and Stargazer.com when you have the chance. Thank youuuu

-Camille