11

11

//

I listened to her word and we ran off. The both of us packed our things and dumped them in the trunk of my car, not much words spoken in between.

I noticed a dark briefcase in the corner of my trunk. That definitely did not belong to me, but I had a good idea of whose it might be. "What's in that briefcase?" I questioned by pointing with my finger.

Aria shook her head as she got in the passenger seat. "I'll tell you in the long run." She spoke, placing her hands in her lap consciously.

I didn't even bother mentally saying goodbye to the record shop and my room upstairs. It was like someone was controlling me to do this, to run away with a girl I barely knew and not come back. It was for some reason that I wanted to leave.

The radio was off, creating an uncomfortable moment of silence. I reached over to turn it on and have Nirvana the first thing playing. They happened to be one of my favorites, so I drummed to the beat.

All of a sudden the song switched into another station. It was Aria trying to find better music. "That's trash, let's listen to something better."

"There's nothing better than Nirvana, that's all I have to say."

She laughed softly, almost in a sarcastic tone. "You're very wrong."

//

As the day grew on, the more quiet Aria got. I did nothing but stared at the road in front of me. I wanted to say a million things to her, with one question that connected it all. "So tell me, what the hell is going on?"

I owned a top-down car, so our hairs were all over the place. The feeling of this kind of freedom excited me, but I didn't want to take advantage of where we were headed. Aria turned her head, the wind blowing her rustic colored hair. "What's what going on?"

I couldn't believe I was risking my life for her right now. I had no fucking clue where we were going, so I didn't keep quiet. "Why are we doing this? Who is letting you do this? Where are we going?" I asked more and more.

"I-I can't say."

"Of course you can't." I muttered, gripping hard onto the wheel.

She sighed since she knew that she pissed me off. Her small answers never helped in any situation I was ever in. "Zayn, it's not safe to tell. Not here."

Her excuses were getting weak. I should've thought about running away with her more clearly. "We're in the middle of nowhere Aria," I rested my arm on the car rest. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"I know what I'm talking about, Zayn. I know where we're supposed to go."

"We can't head straight to Washington in a day."

"I know that."

"We can stop in Chicago," I suggested, since it was 10 hours away from now. I've never been to any other state so everything was new to me. "Is that good?"

She shrugged without an answer.

I sighed, since there was no other way to let her agree with me. "Well okay, then." 

I dreaded the idea of staying in this car for ten more hours, our asses immobile but the car moving in 80 mph. No building was in sight, but grassy lands filled our view.

The girl next to me, who ended up asleep, was a wonderful sight to see. I gave myself three seconds to stare at her sleepy state. The way her mascara-clumped eyelashes brimmed on her eyes and her plump lips, waiting to be kissed. God, she was hot. Going away with her might not be that bad. I had no fucking clue what she's done, but I know that I was here to find out every secret she's hiding.

Author's Note:

super sorryyyy for lack of updates! Here's a small one, and I'll try to get this story back up and recently updated. Have y'all read Sing Me to Sleep? Give it a look! And also, Blue is having it's dramatic climax up here soon. I love you guys, thank you for 3K!

vote/comment pls!

-Camille