8

8

//

(in New York, NY)

"I swear, we didn't do anything!" Benjamin yelled out as him and Matthew were sitting during their interrogation.

Matthew was scared- sweat beads pouring down his face, shaky hands, and he tapped his foot in an unfamiliar rhythm. Benjamin didn't show his fear, but inside he was terrified in what was going to happen next.

Paxton found these two running away with a computer held in Matthew's arms. Matthew held the computer that hacked into the government's files. Both Benjamin and Matthew hid from Paxton for a few minutes and came back out without the computer shown. When Paxton found them, he immediately took them into custody, wanting someone to confess about the secret information.

"You held the computer in your hand," Paxton pointed straight at Matthew. "Where the hell did it go?"

"Matthew, don't say a word," Benjamin spoke.

"You stay out of this!" Paxton shouted. "I'll have you taken to this prison and be locked up for a lifetime."

"I-It wasn't our idea!" Matthew urged to say. "We did it for someone!"

"What do you mean for someone? There's someone on the loose who knows about this?!"

"No! I mean, yes!"

"Who."

"I c-can't say, the person would kill me."

"I'll kill you myself if you don't answer me properly!" Paxton grabbed onto Matthew's shirt.

"Please don't hurt me!" Matthew pushed his glasses higher up on his nose, in the verge of crying.

"Give me the computer this instant."

"The day we tell you where the computer is, is the day you get a better face." Benjamin blurted with anger emphasized in his voice.

Paxton had enough as he pressed his fist down on the rusty table. "I'll have you two dead for not telling an agent what you know!" He shouted in angst. "If you don't tell me, you're asking for trouble."

"ARIA." Matthew screamed, his eyes tearing up with fear. "ARIA STRYDER MADE US DO THIS. SHE CALLED US UP TO GET INTO SOME FILES THAT WE SWEAR WE DIDN'T SEE BUT SHE KNEW ABOUT THEM AND WANTED TO TELL THE WORLD. BUT BOTH BENJAMIN AND I WERE RUSHING WHEN YOU CHASED US AND WE THREW THE COMPUTER OVER A BRIDGE."

"Well damn it." Benjamin groaned and smacked his own head. "Thanks for keeping it a secret."

"Aria Stryder did this?" Paxton raised his eyebrows. "Do you know where she is?!"

"S-She doesn't tell anyone where she lives."

Paxton pursed his lips in thought before giving a devilish grin. "I can track her down on my own. You two are already in serious trouble."

He called a cop into the interrogation room, gesturing to take the two boys away. "Lock 'em up."

"Please! No! Let me just give someone a call!" Matthew shouted. "It's important!"

"You can give a call tomorrow, but right now you're getting in your cell." Paxton brought his phone out to check the time.

The boys were taken away and headed to their cells. Paxton smiled and stood up from his chair, breathing in the smell of the humid air and wood. He was one step closer to revealing the truth.

Author's Note:

Hiiiiii I hope you're enjoying this! The next chapter is when all of the craziness starts so bear with me! I will be back home in Texas tomorrow night, so I will be able to post and write more :) ily all so much! Please comment and vote <3