1

1

//

I only had a pencil in my hand.

I strolled to my class, my hair far from slick and brushed upward from the forehead and my slightly rugged beard not shaved. I didn't even care what anyone will think. It's my last year in this place, who really gives a shit?

I ignored every stare given at my way, every word spoken from a girl's lips, and every breath caught right when I pass someone by. They hardly mattered to me.

"Zayn." I heard my one and only friend say my name, now walking towards me.

He gave me a look that he always made to me- his thick eyebrow raised and a confused face shot at mine. "You alright?" He chuckled and joined the walk.

I shrugged. "I'm just ready for this to get over with, y'know?"

"Yeah, I know, it's been too long we've stayed here. It's crazy."

I nodded and shoved my hands in my pockets. We walked to my room.

"I guess I'll see you around? You know where I'll be."

I nodded again to reassure him. "Yeah, Li. I'll see you." I gave him a small wave before walking inside.

I sat down in my computer literacy class, ennui taking over my body.

I glanced around the room to see if I recognized anyone. None.

I sighed in aggravation, wanting this class to already end. My eyes diverted around the room as I tried to find a clock but there were none. The four walls were plastered with unnecessary use of educational posters, covered by every inch.

I regretted taking this class as time passed by and the teacher's presence was still missing. I sat uncomfortably in my seat with the bright computer screen in my face. I bet I was the only one feeling miserable.

I glanced at the girl next to me, whose long brown hair covered most of her face. She would look down at her lap or play with the ends of her hair to pass time.

For some reason I had an interest in her. My curiosity grew as I thought hard if I have seen her before. I haven't.

"Hi," I spoke to try and get her attention.

Her brown eyes locked on mine for a moment but then quickly diverted her eyes elsewhere, trying to ignore my greeting.

Well that was weird. I thought everyone would at least talk to me.

"Hello class," Our teacher finally arrived. "I'll be calling roll. Raise your hand if I call your name."

I knew my name would be near at the end of the list so I continued to talk to the girl.

"I'm Zayn." I spoke again. I wanted to have a conversation with her.

She didn't speak.

"And you are...?"

"Look, I don't see the point in learning each other's names if you're not going to affect my life in any way." She cut me off with a stern look on her face.

That was very unusual for her to say. "Um, I'll talk to you-"

"I'm not telling you." She snapped.

"Aria Stryder?" Our teacher called out.

Her eyes slightly widened, freezing up. She looked at me, knowing that she was defeated. She reluctantly raised her hand and rolled her pretty brown eyes. I slowly smiled since the teacher answered my ongoing question.

"Aria.." I tested the name out. "That's a pretty name."

She sighed and turned away from me. "Just forget it."

I watched as she slumped back to her seat and went back to playing with her hair, staying quiet. She tucked a hair strand behind her ear and remained silent for the rest of the class period.

Once the bell rang, I pushed the chair out and stood up to grab my things. I noticed Aria holding onto her bag tightly with one arm and heavy books on the other when she got up to leave. She unexpectedly tripped over her chair, which made her books come flying and straight to the floor, and so did she. I immediately bent down to grab her books.

"Stop." She blurted out and took the books instead.

I glanced at her as she sat up and fixed her hair. She didn't dare look at me. "I-I just wanted to help out."

"I don't need your help," She shook her head. "I don't need anybody's help around here." She shakily breathed. "God, that was embarrassing." She whispered to herself.

I tried to look at her eyes but I knew she refused. "I thought it was kind of cute." I muttered. I slowly stood back up when she didn't reply back. I walked off to the door, glancing back at her before rushing to my next class.

Author's Note:

ilyyy. I posted this so soon bc I was too excited for it hehe. But anyway, the next chapter will be a bit longer since I need more time to plan this story out. But vote/comment! thank you :)

-Camille