14

14

//

Both Aria and I walked our way back to our suite. She walked in front of me as I followed behind. It was quiet outside the hotel, a lot less commotion than Brooklyn streets. And for some odd and unexplainable reason, I found it peaceful. I felt relaxed, like there was nothing that could get in the way.

"Zayn?"

I interrupted my random thoughts and picked my head up to answer her. "Yeah?"

"Mind if I shower first?" Aria turned to look at me, smiling sweet but innocently. Her innocent smile definitely got me over the edge.

I nodded with a grin. "Of course."

We went inside our room and I plopped myself on the bed. Aria went in the bathroom to take a shower as I rested my head on the pillow, scrolling through my phone. I paused when Ashton's name appeared on the screen. He doesn't call me unless it was an emergency, so I was caught off-guard.

"Hey, Ashton?"

"Zayn-"

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Someone arrived here this morning in the shop asking for you," He said quietly, I could barely hear him. "I told that person you were away but they forced me into telling where you went."

I sat up quickly, shocked. "And what did you tell him?"

"That you were somewhere in Ohio. I threw them off kind of but they're  heading your way. You better pack up and leave."

I didn't want to rush things with Aria right away, especially since she was easing up with me already. I stared blankly to think of a plan before responding back to Ashton. "I'll see what I can do. What's the guy's name that wanted my information so bad?"

"It's not a dude, Zayn. It was actually a hot woman who I think is working for some agency." He said to me, laughing a bit. "She uh, caught me flirting and threatened me in finding you. It was so hot."

I rolled my eyes.  "Yeah yeah, she must be."

"But Zayn, trust me. She's onto something, maybe her and Aria are working together plotting a death sentence for you. I don't know, but either way I think she's out to get you."

"Call me if there's anything else I should know, okay? I've got to go." I hung up on him and frustratingly threw my phone across the bed.

There was no time for playing games. I had one mission and one mission only, and that was to drive wherever Aria destines to go. She said we were heading for Washington, and I think that was a good hiding place for both her and I to go to. I reached for the telephone to order some food service first. I was starving.

I called to ask for dinner service, along with desserts.

Aria walked out, her chestnut hair wrapped in a towel and staring at me. "What are you doing?"

"Getting dinner service. Aren't you hungry?"

"Not.. really." She pushed my arm to hang up on my order. "Zayn the money is still in the trunk. I have to go get it."

"I brought some cash in my suitcase." I shook my head to her refusal. "Don't worry about it."

"Whatever." She sighed, the worrying kind of sigh. She turned the television on as she stretched her legs out on the mattress beside me.

The news anchor caught our attention as she spoke. "... She is on the loose and is needed by the government."

I immediately turned to the tv, seeing a blurred picture of Aria's face on the screen. "Aria Stryder is wanted for hacking an extremely confidential missionary file from the government. She holds immense power from the agency and whoever finds her is rewarded a lot of money if captured."

It took me a moment before I glanced over at Aria, who looked as mortified as I was. "I-"

"Save it." She interrupted and grabbed her suitcase. "We have to go, now."

I watched as she rushed in packing her things once again, when it was only a couple hours ago when she unpacked. I didn't want her to freak out and bottle her emotions up like before. I caught her arm and stopped her. "Let's get a good night's sleep before going. It's alright, we disguised our names differently for this room. No one will get you at this hour." It was hard to say that and believe, but I had to be strong for both her and I. She had to trust me on this.

Author's Note:

Hiii :) hope you're loving this so far! please comment and vote what you think is going to happen. haha, love you all so so much. thank you for all the support.

-Camille