17

17

//

We passed from state to state, barely taking breaks. Aria has been driving nonstop without saying a word, but as soon as we were headed to a familiar looking city, I had to interrupt the silence- which was my specialty.

"Aria, where are we?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

She didn't even have to say it, because I did it first. "Vegas." I said softly. I looked around the area around me as she drove recklessly down the road. What were we doing here?

"Wh-"

"Just, trust me." Aria took a moment to glance at me, giving a genuine and warm smile on her face. She was more beautiful than ever whenever she smiled. Her face would light up instantly, rather than that serious deadly/sexy stare she had. Her smile was golden.

I nodded and gave her permission to be in control for once. I watched silently as she then turned to a road that was away from the city. It led to us driving almost through nowhere, dry land all around.

After minutes of driving straight on a boring path, there was a house ahead. A nice looking one, like an expensive condo, I might add. Who would live in the middle of nowhere, like they didn't want to be seen?

Aria parked the car right in front of the condo and immediately got out. I followed behind her, still unsure what we were doing out here. I felt that we were slightly overdressed for this weather. The Vegas heat is such a drastic change for people from New York. I shifted impatiently with my feet while I wore my favorite leather jacket.

We waited for the someone to come to the door, but no one came.

"I don't think this is the entrance.." Aria mumbled and looked around her to see if there was another entrance that confirmed her suspicions.

She walked down these steps that led to a locked gate.

"Who's there?" A man in a uniform called out behind the gate.

"Aria Stryder." Aria said to him confidently before glancing at my confused face.

The man didn't hesitate letting Aria in as soon as she mentioned her name. She gestured me to come with her, so I did. The giant front door opened and we both walked inside. I couldn't help but notice the clean, marble floor below my feet. The inside of the house was breathtaking, modern, and grand.  The whole place had that Vegas "party all day and all night" kind of vibe. It almost seemed too elite for being the only house around these empty plains. "Wow.."

"Wow is right," Aria scoffed playfully as she looked around. "I can't believe this is his place."

I took a moment to ask, "Who's 'he?'" in question. Who in the hell lives here, in this beautiful condo?

And speaking of the devil, there he was, walking towards us. His dark brown hair was slightly slicked back with gel. He had these green eyes that seemed too unreal, like they were photoshopped brighter in real life. He looked really casual though. He wasn't wearing a suit or anything that matched the style of this condo. Who was he?

"My brother." Aria mumbled quietly to me, her hands clasping together.

"Aria, hey lil' sis." He spoke with a beaming smile as he hugged Aria shortly after.

For some reason I could see Aria smiling small at him, but she wasn't smiling excitedly like her brother was. He then turned to me, giving me a look. "Is this your boyfriend?"

I scoffed only slightly, shaking my head. I wish I was.

"I'm Javier Stryder. What's your name, man?" He held a hand out for me.

"Zayn Malik. Nice to meet you." I politely shook his hand.

"Take a seat, I'll get you two something to drink." He gestured us to the couches and me and Aria didn't bother to object his offer. We both sat down on the white velvet couch, patiently waiting for him. Javier then came back no later, handing us rich wine to drink. He sat across from the both of us.

I stared at the wine before looking at him. "Have you watched the news lately about Aria's situation?"

"Yes, I've heard about my parents being missing," Javier nodded softly, glancing over at Aria. "She told me what she wanted to do, and I've been keeping an eye out on the people around here."

"Really?" Aria looked at him.

"Yeah. One of dad's co-workers, Evan Woods, is actually staying at the Willows hotel not far from here. There's an elite party going on tomorrow night that he's probably attending. He might know something about our parents that we don't know." Javier said quietly, as if he was afraid to say it out loud.

"How long did he work with your dad?" I asked him.

"For over 15 years. He saw us grow up, he was almost like an uncle." He said. "But either way, he might have the answers we've been trying to look for. You think we should crash this party?"

I turned to Aria, looking at her if this was the right thing. It wasn't, which I knew was her favorite thing. "We need to dress insanely formal, though." I laughed. "My leather jacket is not going to cut it."

"Leave that to me," Javier smiled. "But this can be risky, so get ready for anything to happen."

Author's Note:

Hey y'all!! It's good to be back. I've been insanely busy with college and all (I know, not the best excuse lmao) but I really missed writing so I had to do what I do best- write more chapters for you guys and hope you enjoy them. <3 Please comment and vote, thinking what you want to happen next for this adventure and get ready for a few more chapter surprises soon. I love you very much, feel free to message me anytime. <3

-Camille