16

16

//

Aria and I packed our things quickly early morning, running back to the car. I walked to the driver's seat but she beat me to it. "I'm driving." She blurted, shutting her car door.

Suspicions feared me, but I tried to act normal. "Alright." I mumbled and sat in the passenger seat.

She drove for a long time and barely said anything. I thought of different ways to ask her about her situation, replaying nonsense in my head that I knew wasn't going to help at all. Aria stopped at the gas station to put more gas for the car. She removed her seatbelt and got out, and I watched her graciously before I did the same. I made my way over to her.

I carefully watched as she slowly pressed the "Regular" fuel button to put into my car. I stopped her right away. "What are you doing?" I asked, looking at her oddly. I didn't want her to ruin my baby. "You know what type of car this is, right?"

She glanced up at me before shrugging. "Not really." She spoke quietly.

I looked at her face once again for a moment before talking. I could see in her eyes that she feels uneasy and disturbed from what we witnessed in the news not too long ago. I softened my own eyes and sighed. "It's a 1967 Corvette convertible, a classic. It requires Premium in order to get more power from a small engine." I reached out to take the fuel nozzle out of her hand, swiftly touching her pale fingers in a split-second.

I urged myself to comfort her. To touch her, kiss her, and love her with everything I had. But at this moment in time I wasn't sure how many more risks I could take with her. She's a criminal on the loose. How much more of danger could I get into?

I pressed the "Premium" fuel button before putting my cold, shivering hands in the pockets of my jacket. I thought of what to say to Aria to fill in the silence.

I lowered my voice, hushed within our surroundings. "Do you even understand what's going on with you right now?"

Aria gave me a sad glance at my eyes and nodded. "I have a feeling that I know who's behind all of this. Trying to find me, dead or alive, in this country." She crossed her arms. "This man named Paxton.. is my uncle. He always treated me wrong, even before my parents were gone. He's out to get me because I have the missing file of where my parents are."

I was slightly shook from her detailed response but I said back, "How important is this file?"

And that was when I saw her rare devilish smile that I once found captivating. "So important that the whole government depends on it."

After filling up the gas we got back into my car. I turned on the engine, thinking that was what Aria wanted me to do -- to drive to Washington as quick as possible. But I was stopped by Aria's hand touching mine.

"Did I scare you when I told you my secret?" She asked in concern.

"Um," I said but I shook my head right after. "No, I get it. I promised to go through this with you, and I keep my promises."

I wasn't entirely sure what was right or wrong anymore, but I knew that I wanted to be with Aria more than anything. I still felt her hand touching mine, as well as her chocolate-rich eyes staring at my own. And with this silence I saw her leaning in. My heartbeat increased immensely once I leaned down to press my lips with hers. Our lips moved gently while I felt the world around us coming to a halt. It was like there were no worries about our future, we were only focused on this moment.  I didn't want this to end.

Author's Note:

Thank you for your support (: vote/comment please xx

-Camille