3

3

//

As each day passed by, the words that slipped from her mouth lessened.

She talked less.

She stayed silent.

During lunches, I tried to look for her. I was so caught up in finding her amongst the people around us that I didn't pay attention to Liam speaking to me.

"Damn, Zayn. Even you're not listening to me anymore."

I got my attention back when he spoke my name. I shook my head in disappointment to myself. "I'm sorry, I just-"

"You're finally interested in some girl in this school, is that what it is?"

I chuckled. I wasn't interested; I never was in the first place.

"Nah, it's not like that." I folded my hands as I placed them on the cafeteria table.

"You've been looking for someone every time we arrive in this cafeteria. Either you're looking for some babe or you're secretly glancing at every girl's ass."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Very funny."

"What's catching your eye?"

I wasn't going to tell him, of course. Liam would tell everyone that I finally had some balls to speak to a girl that fascinated me. The worst scenarios occur with him, so it was best to keep my own mouth shut. "Nothing, just keep eating."

I let my eyes wander and I finally found her sitting alone in a table. She kept her head low as she ate the gross lunch the school dared to serve us. Despite that, I couldn't help but be astounded every time by her beauty. She didn't look lonely; she wanted to be alone.

She flipped her long and dark hair to one side of her shoulder, chewing with her mouth closed. I could see her glance around the place like what I was doing and fell her eyes upon me. She shook her head in annoyance of me and raised her eyebrow. Her eyes glanced back down to her food but she flipped me off before I turned away. It made me chuckle quietly at her actions. I wasn't going to stop with how I felt about her.

//

My fingers curled around the pencil I was using. I honestly had no motivation to keep my head in the game in this stupid class, but to only watch Aria's movement.

I wondered to myself why she wasn't open to anyone and why she was silent. Actions spoke better than words, that was damn true.

My head immediately turned when she glanced at me for a moment. She scoffed at my attempt and went back to writing her notes. I sneakily looked to see what she was writing on her paper. She wasn't writing computer literacy notes, but words of calling to action. The notebook she paid attention writing in revealed drawings and directions to a specific something.

"Whatcha writing there?" I muttered out the words.

She instantly closed her notebook and stared her brown eyes on me. "Nothing of your concern."

"Maybe I wanted to know," I started. "You've been writing in that notebook all the time."

"It doesn't involve you, don't take it personally." She shrugged and began writing on a new piece of paper.

"Trying to rule the world, I see." I played along with her hard-to-get attitude. "I wouldn't be surprised if you did."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Her attention turned back to me and shot a playful and smug grin on her face.

"You're hiding something and I'm willing to find out." I chuckled at my own words.

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, nice try."

I've never seen her smile before and when I did, I didn't want to lose that sight.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" She asked without looking up.

I laughed. I've been doing that a lot, haven't I? "You've been my most interesting subject these past days, and I'm ready to learn more about you."

As I said those words, she fought the smile that appeared on her face. "You won't get anything from me, you'll never figure me out."

And how was she so damn sure? I was willing to and she won't stop me from doing so. "We got a long year ahead of us, sweetheart. That's enough time for me to lure you in."