Chapter One: Crave You EDITED [Niall Horan]

(a/n): If you guys ever wanted to know where the insirpation for the name of the story came from it's the song below! I listen to this song so much it hurts, one of my favorite remixes and for some reason it brings out some crazy writting!

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter one:

"Hey Sarah," a sweet quiet voice calls my attention. I look up from my phone as I move down the hallway of my highschool toward my locker. I smile at the dark haired girl I barely know making sure she knew I heard her before continuing. I push past a large group of hockey player who feel the need to block everything from left to right.

Standing in front of my locker is a smaller group of nerds, intellectually smarter individuals as I liked to call them. I tap the younger boy with blonde hair on the shoulder excusing myself to get to my locker. He nods his head quickly and nervously before stepping out of the way for me.

The dark blue paint that covered the busy passages of the high school were now chipped and drawn on. You could barely see them though, through the clicks and gatherings that spread across. Talking and gossiping before the morning bell.  

“Sarah!” I spin around to see Maggie--Margaret--speeding down the hallway towards me her thin body barely missing a cart of books parked just outside the library.

“Morning,” I say turning the knob on the lock until it clicks open. Book tumble out onto my feet and I take a deep breath before scooping them up off my now sore toes. I shove them messily back into my locker knowing full well that this will happen again the next time I open the door. Maggie yaps beside me but I barely focus on what she’s even saying.

My mind is in other places this morning.

“Are you even listening?” She asks nudging her shoulder into mine. She smiles at me and I shake my head back at her. She laughs causing her dark red curls to bounce around her pale freckled face. She really did have the typical ginger appearance, right along with the glossy green as grass eyes.

She closes my locker for my as I shove the two books I actually need into my bag and she looped her arm in mine making our way to class. I try to watch my feet as we walk through the hallway towards math class because I am not in a socializing mood. I maintain a polite smile for those who wave and call my name saying good morning to me.

“How is it possible that everyone loves you in this school?”

I had successfully earned the nice girl status in school, I never crossed anyone and always did my best to do my best at everything.  I laughed at her comment as we pushed our way into class. I had always made sure that no one ever felt excluded from me, even the people who didn’t deserve my kindness. It was something my father had taught me.

I set my book down on the desk across from Maggie and sink into my seat. “Did you finish yesterday’s homework?”

I shake my head in disapproval of her lack of focus for school but hand her my notebook of notes anyways. She bites her lip and flips it open to quickly copy whatever I had written down. One of these days I would hand her the wrong notebook and we would get caught...she would get caught.