Chapter Ten: Where did the Party go? [EDITED]

Chapter Ten: Where did the party go?

When I wake Sunday morning my head is throbbing and my arms are heavy on my shoulders. I climb from my own bed, which is lacking a certain warmth. I miss the sheets of Niall’s bed, they were softer and comfortable. Maybe I just miss Niall. I miss everyone, homesickness was hitting hard this morning.

I make myself a cup of coffee and stare at the photo of Jean that is taped to the fridge. I miss her laugh so much. She would have to miss the next two games but Bradley has promised to bring her up to see me once school is finished.

I know that if I get my hands on her now I will never let her go again. My eyes water as I wander back to the shower. I let the hot water steam up the bathroom as I find music to play. I turn it up fairly loud and let the rhythm drown out everything around me.

Even under the constant stream of water I can feel the tears escaping down my face. I run my fingers through my hair and wash it clean of any dirt. I take a deep breath before I climb from the tub and wrap myself into a towel. The warm water makes me dizzy so I slide down against the wall and give my body a second.

When my head stops spinning I find myself scrambling to get ready for the exams. I had two exams today alongside six other girls that were able to graduate. The exams would be followed by practice for the game on Tuesday. I get dressed and dig through my bags pulling out book, dropping one on my foot. I lean forward to pick it up as swear words stumble from my mouth without thought.

The picture of my dad and I falls out and onto the floor in front of me. I smile and see this as a good luck and a reminder to calm down. Stressing out had never been my thing and if I wasn’t stressing out I was freaking out. I sit longer than I want to as I tie the laces on my shoes. Walking the hallways were so different now, they were bare and only the football team uses them to go to and from school.

I had managed to push back my headache long enough to finish both exams and I was glad to had given me that time. I collect my bags shoving them back into my room before pulling a new hoodie on and taking off to the field.

I run through the cool air letting the fresh smells clear my head. Running takes longer now but I still try to do it every day. It is the best time to think about everything going on and collect myself before getting to practice.

“Are you seriously that opposed to take a bus or cab?”

Niall’s voice scared me so badly I drop my phone on the ground causing my headphones to rip out and fall into a pile below me. I turn picking them up and stepping towards the drivers seat window.

“Stop stalking me.”

I raise my eyebrows at him causing him to break out into laughter. He taps the steering wheel and looks around before stealing a kiss.

“And the run is nice, it clears my head.”

“Are you in pain again?”

“No Dr. Horan I am not. Just thinking about things.”

The tone I use was harsh and I realize because he looks down and sighs into his lap. He looks to me and I smile to let him know I am fine and that I do appreciate the worry.

I lean closer to the car and look at him “I’ll meet you at practice,” I give him an honest look and he lifts his hand to the side of my head.

I rest it there for a moment and then unwind my headphones “Just be careful with the headaches okay?”

He steals another kiss, linger this time before letting go of my face. I nod and fix my headphones into my ears, taking off running again. I am fine and until I wasn’t I will do what I want when I want. I bit my lip as I run the last corner towards the arena, ever since he had pointed it out I had been doing it more often. It was driving me nuts.