Chapter Eleven: Little Things [EDITED]

As far as I know she has been okay for at least the week, she had been clear of nosebleeds or headaches. She hid the pain well though and she wouldn’t tell me a thing. I watch her intently, carefully and anxiously as she plays. I stand at the side flipping the clipboard in my hands over and over again.

She had played a full game yesterday without a single problem, we won the game and she was happy to have been apart of the win. I watch her so closely because she didn’t want to be careful, she wants to push herself.

I had just had the courage to make her mine, to lose her now would be deadly.

“So?” she asks standing in front of me now, “Anything?”

“It was perfect,” I smile at her. She takes the ball with her backing away and disappearing into the group of girls as they play with the football.

With my dad watching our every move I make sure to keep all our interactions quiet, only the needed meeting at games and practices. I don’t want him breathing down my neck about her more than he already is.

I pull my hat off and send my free hand running through my hair. My own nervous ticks were getting worse with each passing day. I know it’s because I am worried out of my mind about Sarah but I would never say that out loud.

I know she’s hiding something but everytime I ask her it only causes more issues and that was the last thing we ever needed. I only know one thing for sure, above everything I will do anything in my power to make her happy. If she is happy, she is stress free.

Since exams ended she had been, happy and stress free. I just have to keep her that way forever. Once practice is over coach calls it and the girls change, I wait for her in the car. She appears from the dark her dark hair blowing in the wind, messy over her pale face. Her eyes connect with mine and she smiles at me.

She tosses her bag in the back seat and find her place beside me.

“I wanna take you somewhere for the long weekend,” I say to her and she smiles at me.

“Where would that be?”

“I was thinking about the day you brought me to see your dad.” I swallow hard because I know the instant I ask her this I will regret doing so.

She grabs my hand steadying the shaking palm in her own and waits for me to finish.

“I want you to meet my mum,” I say. She bites her lip and the feeling of regret climbs my rib cage towards my throat.

“I’d love to,” she whispers.

“It’s a day’s drive so I’ll get ya tomorrow morning’” this made her happy because she didn’t stop smiling all the way home. She barely says a word the drive until I cut the engine and grab her bag for her.

“I’m excited to spend a whole weekend with you.”

“Oh you have no idea,” I grab her waist and lift her hips to connect to mine while my hand wraps around the back of her neck. I kiss her hard, she loses her balance and we stumble back into the car door.

All caution was tossed aside for those few seconds that we connected in silence. I pull away leaving a few small kisses on her lips as I do. She grabs the bag from the ground and begins to walk away, my palm connects with her butt and she lets a yelp go.

She doesn’t say anything as she leaves me standing there outside the dorms. I am glad she has agreed to come but I am not one hundred percent sure how I even felt about it. My mum is hard to handle and it was going to be hard. My only hope is that it will show Sarah I have nothing to hide from her and she should never hide anything from me.