Chapter 4

Emery's point of view:
I feel as if my life is slipping through cracks. I can only stand here, hopeless, watching it happen. I'm enraged I forgot my haze stone at home.
I punch the glass for the 4th time, but as soon as I see a crack, my knees give in. I fall to the floor, unable to stand. My breathing starts to falter. It becomes harder and harder for me to breathe.
Then, I believe to hear Uncle Logan. He's calling my name. I look up at him groggily. The next thing I know, I'm in his arms. Necklace around my neck. He sets me in a chair as I slowly regain awareness. Looking around I see I'm in some sort of a conference room.
"Emm." Uncle says to me, sweetly.
"Yes." I jump at my reply because it doesn't sound like me. My voice sounds like my moms. Raspier then my own.
"You sound like your mother." Logan smirks.
I clear my throat. "How about now?" I smile as my voice goes back to normal.
"Hey Wolvey! Ya gonna introduce us to your niece?" I hear Spider-Man say. He comes out of the shadows. He's taller then me. He could easily look over my head. His muscles bulge out of his 'pajama suit' as my grandpa puts it on his jumbotron.
"It's Emery, right?" He says, as I jolt out of my daydreaming.
"Yes! Yeah it is." I say, saving myself. I can see him smile from underneath the mask.
"Well I've never seen anyone like you, Emery."
"Is that a bad thing?" I flirt.
"Not at all." Spider-Man says.
"Ok. It's time to go home." Logan says. Picking me up, bridal style, he starts to leave with me. I would've protested. My legs work just fine but there was a look of worry in his eye. So I let him.
________________________________
Emery's house 7:00pm. House is quiet. Emery is working on her calculus homework. There is a knock at the door. Logan is out.
________________________________

I open the door just a smidgen. "Who is it?" I ask warily.
"It's Peter Parker. I go to your school and I'm Harry's best friend." The voice says.
"Oh. Come on in." I say, opening the door.
"Thanks." He says, walking in. He's tall and thin. His clothes are tight against his skin. He's sporting a white tee shirt and jeans. His hair is a light brown and is neatly combed. I then notice he's taking me in too. Our eyes meet and it almost knocks the breath out of me. They are electric blue.
"Sissy! Sissy!" My little sister, Jasmine snaps me out of my trance.
"Yes Jazzy?" I ask.
"Who's this?"
"My name is Peter. I came over to talk to your sister about homework." He says. He squats to get down to my sisters level. She, being the anti shy person she is, walks up to him.
"Imma give it to ya straight." Jasmine says, thuggish. "My Uncle Logan will rip you to shreds if you hurt my sissy and don't expect me to not do the same."
Peter does the unexpected. He laughs. Not at her, but whole heartedly like he means what he's  about to say.
"I won't. I promise." He stands back up. Satisfied, Jasmine skips back to watching Max and Ruby.
Peter looks at me and gives me a look that says can we go somewhere private. I nod and start walking up the stairs. I turn around and Peter is right behind me. I go in my dads office. It been untouched since the accident in space. Peter quietly shuts the door.
"Emery. I know your secret." 

___________________________________
This is the most basic cliff hanger ever! Anyway I'm sorry I haven't written in forever. I've been working on my other book which is tmnt fanfic. It's called 'Who do you love?' If you wanna go check it out. Update coming soon.
__________________________________