Chapter 20

Lexa POV

-Earth, present day-

Clarke was laying by my side in my tent in Tondc. This is the closest I've ever been with anyone. No one shared a tent with me before, and obviously not a bed either.

I was laying on my back on the right side of the bed looking at the top of the tent. I could feel her body by my side. She had her head on my left shoulder, her right leg around my waist and her right arm on my chest. I was holding her hand right above my heart. Us "grounders", as the sky people call us, are tought not to feel from an early age because the elders say it makes us weak, but I cannot understand how this feeling I'm feeling is bad in any way. I'm so... I don't even know the word to what I'm feeling. Those words were lost a long time ago when someone decided that not feeling anything is better than feeling something.

Suddently I start feeling a piercing pain in my chest. I look down and see Clarke's hand pushing the dagger I left her in Mount Weather to my heart. I wanted to move my hands to stop her but somehow I couldn't. She was slowly piercing my chest to get to my heart. I managed to look at her face and she was sleeping. She seemed so peaceful, like she didn't even realize what she was doing. The pain I was feeling was greater than anything I ever felt before... And I had a lot of pain to deal with in the past. Right when the blade was about to cut my heart I close my eyes, breath in and scream her name thinking that maybe she would wake up and stop.

When I open my eyes I'm almost sitted on my bed, Clarke isn't there and I covered in sweat. My breathing was fast and shallow. And to make everything better I hear noises coming from outside my tent. I grab my sword that's laying beside my bed and point it to the opening in my tent. I decide to control my breathing and thank the gods that my war paint is still on my face. That always makes me feel fearless. I tighten my grip on my swors

Suddently someone comes in and I recognize her immediatly... Indra.

"Commander, are you safe?" She was holding her sword too and when she realized I lowered mine, she decided to do the same.

"Yes, Indra, you may return to your duties." She nodded and got out. This woman has always guarded me like no one else. She looked like a panther, taking her time to study her pray silently, and attacking when they least expected. Always knowing her place and respecting the leader. But her hatred towards the Sky People annoys me. She has her reasons but Clarke does too and she keeps on trying to maintain the alliance. At least I think she does...

Yesterday was complicated. It was the day after Clarke left and I had a lot of thing to deal with. There was a suspicious letter for me. It just said:

"Dear Commander,
I know your weaknesses, are you sure you know them too?
Because if you did, you wouldn't let them leave..."

I don't know who sent them but the only weakness they could be talking about is Clarke. The truth is after Costia, my enemies couldn't find my weaknesses. And I didn't really had one to find. But when the Sky People came and we formed the alliance, I got to used a lot of my strength not to become a servant to Clarke. She is so strong and determined that I want to learn how she does it and I want to have her by my side as long as I can.

My people were awake an taking care of their tasks, as they're supposed to do. But I stopped hearing the noises from the normal work and started to her whispers. That was unacceptable so I got out of my tent ready to kill whatever stopped my people from doing what they are supposed to do.
And there she was... Holding the horse I gave her. Her hair was perfectly hit by the sun. She looked like a goddess. But there was something wrong. She walked to me after she gave Lincoln the horse to feed and kill his thirst. She walked in my tent after I walked in. I only had time to turn around and catch her as she fell helplessly on the ground.

What happened?

-----------

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for taking so long... I have an idea to finish this fanfic and I hope you like it. Let me know what you think about this chapter, I feel it's kinda crappy but I hope you find in your heart the possibility to enjoy it.
Lots of love