Chapter 37

Lexa's POV

-Earth, present day-

After Clarke left the tent I stayed there for a while. I didn't move for a few minutes because I was still processing what she said. She doubted me! And even if I want to be angry at her, I can't. If anyone had told me Costia was a spy, I would have a similar attitude, except it would have more blood. But I haven't witnessed anyone lying after so much torture.

I start walking outside and Indra comes to me. "Heda, what are we going to do about the information the prisoner gave us?"

I try to stay calm. "Let me get Clarke." The disappointment is clear on her face. She never trusted them and it starts to make my blood boil. "This matter concerns them as much as it concerns us. So, we have to all find a way to work together and solve this." She nods but I don't think she completely agrees. "Have you seen Clarke?"

"I saw her running out of your tent not too long ago." She stated.

"And where was she headed?"

The woman points in a direction and I thank her while walking. I see footprints so I follow them. I know where she's going so I start walking forgetting about the marks she left on the ground. After a while I notice something: there are two sets of prints. One that is obviously from Clarke and one that comes from out of nowhere. My heart starts racing and I walk faster. If that girl is there, Clarke might be in danger. As soon as I get near the pawn I slow down and watch my step. I don't want that girl to walk away. That's when I hear her voice. "If I can't have you, no one can." I can't see them but by the amount of threats I have had, I know what comes after is not pretty. So I run towards the sound and I see her pinning Clarke down. There's a red line on the blonde's neck that I recognize as blood immediately. I'm going to kill that girl! I take my sword out and as soon as I was about to cut her head of, she blocks it with an axe. "If you want to save your girl, you better let me go. Because you won't have time to save her AND kill me." I stop for a second and turn to Clarke immediately. If she wants to kill me that's fine, the next Commander will take care of her, but I'm not leaving the girl I love. Wow! Did I just...? I start listening to steps and I see her running away. Without hesitation I throw one of my knives at her and it hits her flank. Good! I quickly turn to Clarke and I see her holding her neck. She's terrified! "Can you make it to the camp?" I ask her calmly. She nods.

I pick her up and start running towards Tondc. Through the whole ride I tell her she'll be okay. I promised her, even. As I get there I put Clarke on top of a horse and ride towards Camp Jaha as fast as possible. In the middle of the ride she blacks out letting out a tear. There's too much blood coming out of her wound.

What am I going to do?

-------------------

Sorry, it's too short but the next chapter will be longer and final.

What did you think about this one?