Operation: Get Jay (Part 4)

"Yo can I get a coffee with cream and sugar?"
I sighed and started to make the coffee. I glanced up at the chicken clock on the wall and smiled slightly because it's almost time for me to go.
"Here you go sir." I said going back to the counter to hand the customer his coffee.
He handed me a five five dollar bill and walked off.
"Sir your change!"
"Keep it." He said.
I smiled and nodded.
I glanced up at the clock again 6:00! I can go now!
I yanked off my apron and hung it up. Yeah an apron. You saw right. My manager already throws me off with the chicken clock but the yellow apron with a coffee mug on it is something also apart of our uniforms.
I walked into my boss's office and tapped on the cracked open door to get his attention.
"Boss my shift ended. I'll be going now." I said about to walk off.
"Wait um... Jay I have to tell you something..." He said looking defeated.
"Sure what's wrong?" I said walking into his office more crossing my arms.
"Hum.. I won't be able to give you full pay this week..." He said.
"What?! Boss this is the second time!I scrabbled last month I don't know if I can do it again!"
"I know. I'm sorry but it just seems like business isn't going so well. Jay... I think I might have to shut my coffee shop down..." He said getting up.
"Look at this. Sales keep going down. I'm swamped." He said handing me some record papers.
I glanced at the amounts. It's going down rapidly every week.
"What does this mean Jim?" I asked sighing and handing the papers back.
"It means... We'll all be out of work. I have to close this place down. I can't keep going."
I thought about it carefully.
"Do what you gotta do Jim. I'm sorry about your shop. I wish I could help. When will you make it official?"
I asked waiting for the bitter answer that would break my wallet.
"After this weekend it's over. I can't continue another week." He said sighing.
"Alright. Well. I'll help clean up after you shut down. I feel bad. Don't worry about paying me. Just make me some coffee for old time sake." I said half smiling.
Jim smiled.
"Thank you Jay. I was going to make you manager. I can't now but I was going to. You're such a respectable employee." He said kindly.
"Thank you." I said.
"Now, get back to work. But before that... Mind sending in your co-workers so I can break the news to them?" He asked me.
"I'll tell them. Don't want them going nuts. Don't worry I got it." I said beginning to walk out to go break the news to my co-workers.
"Thanks Jay. You're a big help."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yeah now I have to find another job. It really sucks. Who else will hire me? Possibly no one!" I told Angie in frustration.
"Girl chill. I know some companies that would hire you in a heartbeat! Just give me a couple days" she said to me calming me down only till I realized something.
"But I have to pay my tuition. I only have $1,789 Ange! If I don't pay it I'll be kicked out and I won't be able to continue college at Fsu!!! What will I do?!" I said getting up and pacing.
"I'm so sorry babe I wish I could help but I already paid mine!" She said sounding worried.
"It's fine. I'll just figure something out. Thanks, let me know if you hear from one of those companies about a job okay? I love you and I'll talk to you later. Better yet we should hang out tomorrow. Lunch at groovy's. My treat."
"No my treat. Save your money. Don't spend it on lunch woman. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you too. Bye boo."
"Bye."
Once I got off the phone I heard a knock on my door.
I opened it.
"Larry... Hi..." I said awkwardly as memories of Laurent and I's night together flashed through my head.
"Hi Bebe. Can I come?"he asked holding up some food from Wendy's.
I smiled and stepped to the side to let him in. He sat the food down on my beside table and turned around to face me.
"Where's Laurent?" I asked confused.
"He is tending to some of our work for a change... Look... Belle I know what you did with my broder." Larry said with a hint of hurt and determination in his eyes.
"How'd you find out?" I asked in a whisper with my head down.
"Every girl acts like that after my broder turns them out. But he may have gotten to your body just physically. But I can get to you physically AND emotionally." Larry said walking up to me and grabbing my chin softly looking into my eyes with desire. Not just sexual desire... There was something else too.
Something that I want him to feel for me.

So ummm. Did you like it? I really hope it's not boring! XD

~Ty