i.

Lilla Evans

The warm water from the bath rushed around my body immediately, almost starting to fog up the mirror that was mounted in front of the tub. I closed my eyes, and dipped more of my body into the warm water, instantly feeling relaxed. My arms swiftly reached for my loofa and soap and washed my body off. My mornings usually start like this. Taking either a shower or a bath after waking up at the early hours of 6:30.

My family has been struggling with money for the past few years, and it's my job to wake up early and go to work. I don't find this the most enjoyable thing, but I don't complain. My mum has recently had a problem with walking, which can be fixed, but we haven't really had the money to go and take her to the hospital, so we stayed at home and made her a cane that works just like a real one, just not as good. As for my father, I don't really know him and haven't known him all my life. My Mum tells me that he left when I was fairly young, and at the age he left me at, it's positive I don't remember much at all. She says he had beautiful dark hair with gorgeous ice blue eyes and a charming smile. I can confirm this by looking at their marriage photos. He was such a handsome man. He married my mum at a very young age—eighteen, and left her soon after I was born, which was when my father and mother were both in their early twenties. You could say they were young parents. My mother hasn't told me much about the reason my father left, but I figured it had to do with the birth of me. Frankly, I don't think my father was ready to start a family.

My Mum has these emerald green eyes that almost pierce through you when you look at her. Her long wavy chestnut brown hair flows down her back, behind her shoulders, as she never flipped her hair over them. She is gorgeous. For my father to leave someone like her, a kind, gentle spirit, baffles me.

I received my chestnut brown hair from my mum, and I believe I have a mix of both of their eye colour, which sounds silly if I were to say that to someone.

Many people I talk to or hang around say I attract guys any age, but a huge part of me doesn't believe them. You see, after everything unfolded about my dad leaving my mum for various reasons he claimed to her, and many people leaving my side after my depression kicked in from the lack of money, and my mum getting sick, I haven't have a very good look upon myself, bringing my confidence down a whole lot.

I step out of my bath, almost leaning into being in there for thirty minutes. I grab a towel and dry off my body as fast as I can. I enjoy being early for work because then I could hang around a little bit before I actually start my job being a barista at the local, fairly popular, cafe. Believe it or not, it actually brings in a lot of money more than needed, because I can work as many hours as I please being that I am out of school.

I throw my clothes on, a plain white shirt with a scoop neck, almost revealing my cleavage, and some light blue high-waisted jeans that lay on my dresser. I then tied my apron on, waved goodbye to my mum and carried my hat with me in my hand to the small Honda Civic that I owned. Sitting in the front seat, I placed my keys in the ignition and started up the car. I leant back into my chair and sighed, thinking about anything and everything that would pass my mind. I glanced over at my clock, reading 6:45 AM. I slowly pulled myself up to the steering wheel and drove off to the Cafe, not too far away from me.

Once 7:15 hit, I automatically set myself into work mode, cleaning everything up and placing everything in its correct spot before the cafe opened up at 7:30. I work behind the counter, writing the names incorrectly most of the time on the cup. I usually make sure that I don't write the names right because I get a kick out of it for some reason.

Too caught up in my work, I hadn't heard the door ring, and to only be met by another unfamiliar face asking to be greeted with a smile and a "May I help you?" type attitude, which is exactly what I gave him. He then told me what he wanted, as I entered everything into the computer that separated the space between him and I. The same routine repeated all morning long, without break. It was a Saturday, so I had anticipated business to be like this.