25- The connection

The demons spoke in their natural tongues to one another, it sounded a lot like a dying whale trying to make it's last mating call, while trying to swallow grapes. I pushed down my laughter and smiled politely in case they noticed. I looked to see if Spike was still behind the tree, but he was gone. I sighed a little, disappointed I think that he was gone, I thought he was my friend, silly me to think that he would care. 

The demons slowly made their way over to us, but not too close. The look in their eyes showed fear, and I liked it. It meant that we had the power, the power to stop all of this nonsense. The demon at the front of the pact turn to me, then to Willow and simply said 'I don't understand?' 

'Well' Willow stuttered 'I connected Kat' she pointed to me 'and that demon' she pointed at him 'together, whatever happens to Kat happens to him' she explained the best she could.

'But why?!' the demon snapped

'Because then you will not hurt me' I responded 'I don't understand why you are trying to kill me?' 

'You killed one of mine, now I kill you' he spluttered

'Okay I see your point, I guess?' 

The demon at the back of the pact fled, running in and out of the grave stones, jumping over tree roots and ducking under the low hanging trees. The demon at the front turned and yelled something in their language, the rest of the pact closed their eyes and bowed their heads in sorrow. 

'He is dead to me now' the pact leader told us

All because he ran off?

'Please I beg of you we are all that's left of our kind' he frowned.