8- College Kids

I sat in Buffy's room. She was doing homework at her desk, Willow was at Tara's I think. It felt awkward just sitting, she turned and looked at me.
'Do you want to go patrolling?' she asked me, I yelled no in my head over and over, the muscles in my legs and back yelled no as well. I smiled weakly at her
'Sure.'

We crossed through the cemetery, Buffy looked around continuously and I just walked through looking forward. I wasn't scared if something attacked me, I was with Buffy and had the power to easily kill a demon. Some footsteps crunched behind us and I quickly turned around: scared. Why was I scared? My heart pounded and my eyes started twitching looking around. Buffy put her hand out in front of me to stop me from moving, a dark figure holding something lit emerged from behind a tree. He flicked his smoke on the ground and stepped on it, my heart slowed down, it was just Spike. Buffy however, didn't back down.

'What are you doing?!' she demanded 

'Going for a stroll pet' he smirked

'Don't call me that!' Buffy snapped

He looked at me with soft eyes and a small smile, my eyes filled up with tears and I blinked them back, I looked away from him.

'What did I do wrong Kat?' he asked

Buffy whipped around and looked out me

'You know him? You go out and talk to vampires at night?!' she yelled, she seemed so angry with me. Only if she understood, that's not what happened. 

'I don't know how he knows my name!' I snapped back

'Sorry Katerina, I didn't mean to yell. Vampires can be stupid!' she yelled the last part and raised her eye brows at Spike.

'Are they now? Didn't think I would hear you say that' a voice said from behind a tree. Buffy's eyes instantly light up, another dark figure came out from the bushes.

'Angel!' Buffy squealed

'Hey' he smiled

She rushed up to him and hugged him.
Spike pretended to vomit and turned away and lit another cigarette. I kind of wanted to chase after him, I didn't want to be stuck with the Buffy and Angel reunion but what choice did I have?