11- Vampire real estate

I sat at the table eating breakfast with the Scoobies. Buffy constantly kept glancing at me, like she was worried I was mad at her. Everyone else seemed to be acting fairly normal but occasionally I noticed them all staring at me like something was wrong with me. Even Olivia kept glancing at me.

'When does your flight leave Olivia?' I asked politely trying to make small talk

'Two hours, I should pack' she panicked jumping up and running upstairs.

I took deep breaths trying to stop myself from coughing and trying to calm myself as I felt like I was on display, or that something was on my face and the gang could not stop staring. The gang started clearing away plates and cutlery so I snuck away to the bathroom and locked the door. I sat down in the empty bathtub and stretched my legs out. The tub was cold and sent shivers up my body, I rolled to the side and rested my head on the back of the bathtub. I closed my eyes hoping to find the pleasure of sleep but nothing came.

*BANG BANG*
'Kat!' Giles called through the door

I jumped startled and realised I had indeed drifted off in the empty bathtub.

'Yeah?' I replied trying to act casual

'Please come out, everyone has gone'

How long did I sleep for? I wondered. I pulled my self up and swung my legs over the edge of the bathtub. More shivers ran through my body as my feet touched the cold tiled floor. I unlocked the door and Giles wasn't waiting for me. I walked up the stairs to the spare bedroom or I should say my new bedroom and got changed. I pulled on some dark jeans and a sweater that had a picture of a cat on it. My shoes were somewhere downstairs and I jumped down the stairs trying to scan the room.

'Giles!' I yelled

'Yes' he replied from the kitchen

'Oh' I said hopping off the last step of the stairs 'didn't see you, have you seen my shoes?'

'Yes, they are under the lounge' he said, I took the hint and cleaned up the rest of my stuff lying around the house.

I sat in Giles' car waiting for him to lock up the house, the driver door flung open and he climbed in.

'So where is this place' I asked fiddling with the radio

'Somewhere' Giles replied swatting my hand away from the radio nobs

'Okay, okay' I said relaxing into the chair

We drove past he graveyard and my mind wondered about Spike. Ugh.

'Where do the vampires live?' I asked

'Why?' He replied instantly

'Wondering' I answered 'Where does Angel live?'

'He moved to Los Angeles after him and Buffy broke up'

'Why'd they break up?'

'Because there was no future Kat, you can't live forever with a vampire'

I frowned 'but didn't they love each other?'

'Yes'

'Where do the vampires live that still live in Sunnydale?' I asked wondering where Spike was

'What happened Katerina?! That night you went missing' he asked sounding pretty serious when he used my full name

'I met a vampire that's all'

'And what you love him or something? You want to see him? This is unacceptable!' He yelled at me driving through a yellow light.

'No, he's horrible and I want him dead!' I snapped back

'Oh thank goodness. Just tell Buffy who it is or what he looks like and she'll slay him' Giles smiled

'No I want to do it' I replied

'Okay. Well who is it? Or what does he look like, maybe I know'

'Yeah you know him, it's Spike'

'Oh for the love of God' Giles moaned hitting the side of his car with his hand 'don't even bother about him, he's useless'

'Then let me kill him' I pleaded

'Okay fine, fine! Third left in the cemetery' he sighed

'Okay thanks!' I beamed.