The Prince and Me

After last night I figured that I might try to cool off. Have a little me time as people would call it. During lunch I walked to this little clearing I found surrounded by a pond of water. If you look through a border of rocks you can also see a small waterfall. I sat on a big platform of stone breathing in and out very slowly taking the beauty all in. I guess this would be one of those moments I would cherish forever.

"Forever.", I whispered. I looked down at the piece of string.

"Well, looks like it's not just my secret hiding place anymore."

I looked behind me and saw Prince Ben, the soon to be king. Like I said before, he is the son of King Beast and Queen Belle. He has the looks of a prince and the personality of a good man. I can't really blame Ariana for getting all excited over a hand touch from him, I probably would get a little excited too.

"Hey, Ben. I didn't know you came here."

He laughed. "I guess that makes two of us. Sometimes I come here just to think or just for peace and quiet, and sometimes both. What about you, Ellie? Why do you come here?" He walked over to the platform of stone and sat next to me.

"I was just walking around and found this place. I needed to have a moment to myself."

He started standing up. "Well, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude-"

"Hey, don't apologize. This was your secret thinking space first. If anything I should be the one leaving." I started getting up until he grabbed my hand.

"We can think together. To be honest I don't feel like going back to school."

I smiled. "Welcome to my world."

He laughed and we both sat back down on the stone with our feet in the water.

"So, what are your problems?", I asked.

"It's kinda stupid, but I think you've already heard about me being next in line for the throne and how my coronation is next week..."

"Yeah, so how is that a problem?"

"I just feel like all this weight is being pushed on my shoulder for being the next King. What if I'm not great enough? What if I don't meet my father's expectations? What if I just mess everything up? I just don't want to let anyone down."

I looked at him and he had his head in his hands looking very frustrated. I put my hand on his shoulder to give him a little bit of comfort.

"Ben, are you crazy?", I asked. He looked up at me very confused. "You are going to be the best King ever! I mean you have all the skills, charisma, the look, kindness, and charm. Not only that but everyone on campus is your friend, so it's not like anyone is gonna be mad at you if you don't do a great job."

He sighed. "But my dad-"

"Your dad believes in you, I know he does. Why else would he let you make the proclamation to let villains' kids come here? He trusts you to do the right thing.", I said.

He smiled at the water and I soon realized he was smiling down at his own reflection.

"What do you see?", I asked him.

"I see a soon to be king who is gonna be the best one there is.", he said.

I smiled at him and looked down at my reflection. I could see out of the corner of my eye Ben staring at me.

"What do you see?", he asked. "What do you see in that beautiful reflection of yours?"

I looked in my reflection's eyes and saw confusion and hurt. I won't admit that though. Knowing Ben he'll probably believe anything I say, but he's too sweet. I don't want to lie to him. So I just didn't answer.