The After Party: Part 2

(A/N: All the songs that are in this chapter (Parts 1 and 2) are on The Thief's playlist on Spotify. My user is m_rocks. Go check it out if you haven't already!!!! Gonna be a long chapter.....#noregrets. )

Recap:

'He sighed and just scratched his head. "Why do you even want to go back there?"

"I....It's just something I have to do."

"Ellie, how do you expect me to just let you go if you don't give me a simple explanation?"

"It's not as simple as you'd think.", I muttered under my breath.

"Try me.", he said, confidently.

I looked up at him in his eyes. "I have to go visit my father, Hades."'

"What?", he asked.

"You heard me.", I said, getting kind of annoyed with this conversation.

I thought Ben would be on my side and let me go and talk to Hades, but apparently he's totally against it. I hate that he's acting this way. I knew I should've just asked his mother. She would've at least heard the whole story behind why I wanna go, but Ben is just jumping to whatever conclusion is going through his head.

"I thought you didn't know who your father was."

"My mom decided to tell me this morning while I was back home."

He still looked like he didn't believe me, but I didn't feel like telling him more to the story because there is nothing more to tell.

"Ellie, I honestly don't think that-"

"Ben, you have to understand that after all these years of not knowing my father, and also living on the same island he's been living on my whole life. I just feel like I have to see him. What would you do if you were in my position?", I said, trying to contain my anger so I don't start something I'll regret.

He seemed baffled by my outburst, and I suddenly felt bad. I didn't mean to be harsh with him. I just need him to try and understand where I'm coming from and then maybe he would actually consider letting me go. Before he could get an answer out Jane came running up to us. She had a beautiful dress on with the same kind of colors she wears all the time. Her hair was pinned up in a halo braid and she looked like she wasn't wearing any makeup.

"Um, sorry for interrupting you guys.", she said once she got over here, completely out of breath may I add.

"No, it's totally fine.", I said, making sure that she didn't feel like she was opposing.

She gave me a smile to show her thanks, and then turned to Ben. "Ariana said that the opening performance is about to start, and she needs all of the dancers to come on stage while everyone is coming in for the party."

He looked towards me and sighed. "Alright, I'll be there in a minute."

Jane looked towards me. "Oh, and Jay said that he wanted to talk to you. He didn't bring me over here to tell you that, I just wanted to let you know."

I nodded. "Thanks, I'll make sure to talk to him."

She raised her eyebrows and gave us both a thumbs up. In return I gave her a gentle smile. Jane turned around and ran back to the stage.

I turned back to face Ben and he was already looking at me. We didn't say anything, but just stared at each other.

"We'll discuss this later, okay?", he said.