If Only

I'm in my room just laying down looking at the ceiling. My mother said that when I was younger I used to like Jay, which I didn't. We were just friends. Now, I have no idea what we are. Everything has just gone down hill since we were little. Me and Jay are very odd individuals who barely have anything in common. I became friends with him because I liked his attitude and how he has a free spirit. I'm not really sure why he became friends with me. It all just happened.

Everything about Jay just fascinated me, and he still does. The thing with him is that he's full of surprises while my life is just dull. Unlike now, of course where I'm having to choose between my friends and my family. That's a VERY complicated surprise that I didn't see coming. No one did.

I could tell Jay wasn't happy with it. He's the one who tried to stop me from doing it, but I did. I'm stubborn like that. He actually wanted me to stay and if he was in my place I admit that I'd want him to stay. Whether we're fighting or not friends we still have a bond, one that can't be broken.

I looked down at my wrist thinking that I would see the red string, but I forgot that I was so stupid to take it off. It's the only thing I had from Jay that actually meant something, and no it's in the trash. I treat that piece of string like it meant nothing to me to show him how I felt when he hurt my feelings. But it meant everything to me because it was from him. Jay meant everything to me.

I'm not sure what to think of that. I don't know what I mean by that. I don't even know how to think about that. What if... it means something more than I think it means already. What if I'm just overthinking everything.

I already said that Jay is my friend....or was. I don't even know what to call us anymore. I'm sure he doesn't know either. This past week has been complicated. I thought I was going to rejoin my group of friends and we can take on high school together, but instead it's me at my castle thinking about them while crying. I must've been living in a fantasy if I thought this was gonna happen.

I closed my notebook and grabbed my phone from off the bedside table and saw that the time was only 4:30 pm. Wow, the day has gone by fast. I can't even summarize it or even put it into words.

I got up from my bed with my phone in my hand and walked out of the bedroom. I haven't been in this castle for years since I moved into Auradon Prep. I barely remember where any of the rooms are. I only remember where my room is because it's the most normal looking in the whole place. Every other room around here is gigantic with barely anything in it.

I walk past the art gallery room me and Olaf were in before. I still don't understand what this room is for, but the pictures aren't all that terrible. As I walked out of that room I came across a big blue room with a piano in it. Again, useless. What's the point of having all this space if you're gonna use it for things we don't even need nor use.

I walked inside anyway and my foot started to get cold from the wooden floors. I walked to the piano and just sat down in front of it. My mom gave me piano lessons when I was twelve. She said that music helps you go to a different place in your mind, and she was right about that. When I started messing around on it making a completely random melody I felt myself release all of the tension that was in my body before. I felt free even though the notes I were playing were complete trash.

I started humming the words I said in the carriage and closed my eyes. I get too lost in music sometimes that I just block everything around. I think I'm speaking for almost everyone when I say this though.

I heard clapping behind me and opened my eyes from my daydreaming. I turned around and saw Aunt Anna standing at the entrance of the room clapping. She had a big smile on her face for some odd reason. I don't know why. I didn't even play that good.