Breakaway: Part 2

~~~~Jay's POV~~~~

I couldn't take hearing the word 'goodbye' come out of Ellie's mouth while knowing it would the last word I'd hear from her. So, I ran out of her window. I just couldn't take any of this in without getting mad. Why would she leave? I understand that she wants to see her family and be with her mom, but what about her family here? Wow, I sound selfish, but I can't help what I feel. I honestly do wish that she would stay here, with me.

I would miss her too much knowing that she's away. I don't know what I'd do without her to be honest. She's the person I go to with my problems or when I just feel bored she makes things not that boring anymore. She's my rock. Without her here I guess I'd be really lonely. And I'm Jay, I don't usually feel these things, but when it comes to Ellie leaving then yeah, I'm gonna be depressed.

I do like her. There, I said it. I like her, not love, like. I mean, I love her like a sister, but like has more than a friend. I hope I'm not being confusing. I really do like Ellie, and after all these years of getting to know her and having her around I can't just let her go. She was my first best friend, I can't let her go. But I don't really think I have a choice.

If only she could just stay with me tonight and not walk away and leave what we could've been behind. She just can't leave me standing here like a dummy being all sad. I want to say we will see each other another time, but I highly doubt it. Just don't say 'another time' because every time it will break me down.

~~~~Ellie's POV~~~~

I've found a way to say goodbye without having to tell everyone because I don't want to see the look on their faces when I say goodbye. It would be too painful for me to see all of them. It broke my heart seeing my best friend cry right in front of me. If I had to see all of my friends like that I think I'd be the one crying the most. So, before I leave in the next hour I have to give all my friends the letters I wrote. This was my way of saying goodbye. A letter. I think my point came across yesterday that I'm not so good at goodbyes, so I wrote them down. I wrote a letter for all of them and then individual letters for each person. It took me all night and most of the day to make each one.

"Happy Groundhog Day!", my mom said, bursting through the room.

I looked up at the door and laughed. She had the biggest smile on her face I've ever seen. I can tell she's really happy about leaving and seeing her-our family. I wish I could say the same for myself.

"Are you all packed? They're coming to pick us up in half an hour."

"WHAT?!", I shouted. I looked at the clock on my wall to see that it was 11:32. "Oh no, I need to hurry up and get these to Evie, Mal, Carlos, and Jay."

I jumped off my bed and ran out of my room all the way to the front door.

"Just don't be late!", my mom shouted, before I ran down the street to Maleficent's castle.

It wasn't big, but at the same time it was treated like a castle. With guards and a queen, Maleficent. Once I got there I saw her two guards in the way. The last time I tried to get in to see Mal and Evie the guards were rude, but this time I'm not taking no for an answer. I walked up to the castle doors but were instantly blocked by the two guards arms.

"May I please get through?", I asked, kindly putting on my adorable smile.

"Why would you need to see Maleficent?", one of the guards asked.

"I don't need to see Maleficent. I need to see her daughter, Mal. Is she here?"

"And what business would you have with Mal?"