BONUS CHAPTER: On This Cold December Night

UNEDITED. Lol

It's a normal day on the Isle of The Lost. Well kind of. To everyone else it is, but to me it's joyful and fun. You wanna know why? Because it's Christmas eve! The big day before the actual big day. The day where everyone is supposed gather around and give to others and show what they're grateful for. This has to be my favorite day because no matter what no one could bring down my mood.

Everyone else on the other hand couldn't care less about today or tomorrow. I mean I can see why. They have been rotting on this island without a care in the world and don't find joy in anything. Heck, if they don't believe in happiness then why even believe in Santa Claus himself? Not that I even have a reason to believe in him.

The only possible way I know about Santa is from my mother, and how she told me stories about how her and her sister, my aunt, would wake up to presents under the Christmas tree and all the cookies their chefs made that they left on the counter gone with crumbs still on the plate. They'd look out from their castle windows to see everyone happy around the village because of how the day went. It sounded spectacular to me, and I've always wanted to know what that felt like.

But when you live on an island with a barrier around it that can leave some problems for santa. How can he get down our chimney if the barrier blocks him out? How can he leaves us presents under the tree? How do I end up getting the presents? Trick question. I don't.

I don't get presents from Santa, but from my mom and sometimes my friends. I've told Carlos, Evie, Jay, and Mal about Christmas. They have all questioned me because they probably haven't heard anything about giving, but instead getting. That's what their parents taught them. After a while of listening to the stories I told them about my mom and my aunt having fun on this special day they soon learn that they could make the best out of this situation. Even without Santa coming or having an actual Christmas tree we could still make everything work out.

I told them all about this a couple of years ago when we were eight. We are ten now. We all know our little tradition for Christmas which is what every family does. Get presents, make a Christmas tree out of aluminum and metal and get plastic decorations for ornaments- you know, regular Christmas things. It has worked for the past couple of years, and it still works now.

We usually set everything up at my house since their parents would look at them weirdly if they saw a tree in their room and gifts all around. They wouldn't understand. That's why we keep this holiday of ours a secret from all of the villains because they don't need to know we celebrate it. Like I said before, they couldn't care less about us celebrating it. Us as in me and my mother. They expect it from us because we're not evil and like to celebrate our happy holidays with fun and cheers all around. But for the villains' kids they can't do anything fun that's good without getting frowned upon by their guardians, which really makes me sad. They deserve it just like everyone else.

So we have been keeping it a secret forever, and the only adult that knows is my mother. She's glad I have people to spend Christmas with other than her. I do too. It's nice to spend with people who I know care about me. Friends are family.

I am sitting down on the piano bench in front of the piano that's in the living room next to the aluminum Christmas tree. I don't know why. I just feel like it's the time for Christmas music, but I don't know any. I made a song for Christmas, but it's not like it's all that special. I don't know if it's actually good enough, so I don't want to sing it. I wrote it for Jay because he always asks me to write him a poem to see how good I am. He knows I like to write and he has wanted one of my 'masterpieces' for awhile. This song is basically his Christmas present.