Breakaway: Part 3

~~~~Mal's POV~~~~

I was on the side of a building spray painting Ellie's mom. She's been watching what I can do with a spray paint bottle and has been asking me to do something for her mom. Just so she can get off my back, I'm doing it. (a/n: Picture of the graffiti is on the top.) After I was done with the graffiti I just stared at it. I couldn't really put 'Long Live Evil' because they're nowhere close to that, so I just put the words 'Let It Go' in big letters. I hear her saying that all the time, so I'm guessing she got that from her mom.

In the middle of studying my masterpiece I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and was welcomed by Grumble and Mertis, my mother's bodyguards. I don't really talk to them just because they weird me out. They always have the same looks on their face showing no emotion and walk together in unison. Almost like robots.

"Do you guys need something?", I asked, with my hand on my hip.

"Your mother needs you.", Mertis replied.

"Can't you guys see I'm doing something." I motioned to my graffiti. "Tell her I'll be home later."

"We'd rather not tell your mom no.", Grumble said.

"Scaredy cats.", I mumbled under my breath. They gave me pleading looks and I just rolled my eyes. "Fine, I'll go." I jumped down from the elevated concrete I was on and walked in front of the both of them leading the way. "I don't understand why you guys are so afraid of my mom. It's not like she can do anything, she doesn't have her powers."

"But one day, we will be free from this island and then she'll get her powers. And once she does we don't want to be on her bad side.", Grumble bantered, Mertis nodded agreeingly.

"Well, that day will not come for a while boys.", I said.

"And how would you know?", Mertis sassed.

I turned around and glared at him. "Are you questioning my judgement?", I asked.

Grumble and Mertis gave each other side looks before saying, "N-No, Mal. We're sorry if we offended y-you."

I put a smile on my face and continued walking until we got to my mother's castle. I walked inside wondering what my mother needed. My mom barely needs anything from anyone. She's Maleficent for crying out loud! And I'm only her twelve year old daughter. What could she need from me?

Once I got to the top floor I saw my mom sitting in her chair. She calls it her throne, but really it's just a cheap chair. Her feet were kicked up on the banister and she was fiddling with her nails.

"I'm here.", I said, awkwardly walking towards her.

She looked up from her nails and and sighed. "Good, just the person I wanted to see. Sit down for me dear. We have lots to talk about."

I walked over to the stairs leading up to her chai-throne. It's a throne. "Yes, mother?"

She looked out her window and raised her eyebrows. "So, your friend- blah I hate that word- came around today wondering where you were. Ellie, I think."

"Okay, and what did she want?", I asked, getting bored with this conversation.

"Apparently she wanted to give you this letter." My mom pulled out an envelope from under her throne.

"Why?", I asked.

"How am I supposed to know? Just take it, read it- do whatever you want with it. I don't care. She almost fought through the guards to get this to you."