Family Day a.k.a. Goodbye Day: Part 2

(a/n: This is an update of the chapter I posted a couple of hours ago that for some reason mostly got deleted. I hope you enjoy the whole version of this!)

Jay was dragging me back inside the castle to talk. I really don't feel like doing this right now, but the least I can do with him is have one conversation before I leave. I just don't understand why everyone is so sad about me leaving. I keep saying over and over that it's only for ONE NIGHT. What am I, a can of unicorns?

Once he stopped dragging me I realized we were in the room Fairy Godmother teaches them about being good and doing good things. I had to do the same thing once I got off the island so they can see if I picked up from the villains' 'bad habits'. Whatever that means.

I looked at Jay and he looked handsome. He was wearing a white button up shirt with a leather black and velvet jacket. Then he had black pants on and nice shoes.

"Well, you clean up nice.", I said.

He looked down at his outfit.

"Thanks."

I was waiting for the conversation to start, but he wouldn't speak and I got tired of waiting.

"So, what do you want to talk about?"

He sat down on one of the chairs behind the school desk and I sat in the one across from him.

He cleared his throat to speak. "I...um...I just wanted to say that I understand why you're leaving. I failed you as a best friend. I made you cry and I broke your heart."

"No, you didn't.", I lied. "I'm completely fine with you guys having space to do your thing. Whatever your thing is I won't try to get in the way of it anymore. You guys can tell me or not. I really don't care at this point."

"Are you lying to me?", he asked.

I put on a smirk of my own. "Maybe. How does it feel to be lied to?"

He looked down at his shoes. "We weren't lying to you, El. We just can't tell you."

"Same thing, Jay", I said. "Doesn't matter, you guys don't have to tell me. I'll just stay out of your way and you stay out of mine."

I got up from my seat and walked out of the room.

"ELLIE!", I heard behind me. I can't run because I'm wearing heels, so I just walk faster. "Ellie, you will find out what we're doing at coronation. I promise you, you won't be disappointed."

I turned around and glared looked at him. I walked towards him slowly

"If you guys do anything to mess with Ben's coronation you will never have me.... or my forgiveness. Ben is a good person. And an amazing friend to me. So, if you do anything to ruin this for him I swear you will never hear the end of it."

"So what, you pick him over us now?"

I put on a thinking face and nodded. "Well, yeah. He's been a way better friend than you these last couple of days, Jay. You all have been playing with my emotions like it's some toy."

"We never meant to hurt you."

I looked at him speechless. "You thought telling me I wasn't you guys' friends anymore wouldn't hurt me?"

He didn't really know what to say. "No?" He said it like it was a question and not an answer.

I punched him in the arm, but all that really did was hurt my fist.

"OW! Have you been working out or something? Your arm is like a rock!", I said. He smiled to himself. "That wasn't supposed to sound like a compliment!"