My Choice

I was currently in the carriage with my mom, Ana, my aunt, and Olaf. He said he wanted to meet the King and Queen at the coronation, so we brought him along. I was fumbling with my braid my mom did with my hair. It had little white flowers in it. I had a short, one strap blue dress on with sparkling pastels covered all over. A little too girly for me, but my mom said I should look nice anyway. I had a white hand bag and a sparkly cuff around my wrist and very tall heels. I absolutely despise heels, but I'm wearing them anyway. I still had on the crystal necklace I always wore, I need good luck today that's for sure. I put on very light make-up and my mom helped me with the rest. I looked like it was my coronation I was attending to be honest.

I haven't spoken to my mom about what she told me since we left the castle. It was a touchy subject I didn't even want to think about right now. Maybe next time when I don't have to be happy for my friend's coronation.

"Hey, Ellie." I looked up and Aunt Anna was staring at me with a hopeful look in her eyes. "I think I have someone who might be able to help you with your....situation."

I raised my eyebrows and looked at my mother who looks curious as well.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"I mean, I know someone who would be able to help you with your powers and how to control them.", she said.

Me and my mother shared confused glances, but continued listening.

"Anna, I'm gonna help her with her powers. She's my daughter after all.", my mom said.

I rolled my eyes. "Who is it?", I asked completely ignoring my mother's comment before.

"Periwinkle.", Aunt Anna said, with a big smile.

"The school counselor?", I questioned.

"She may be the school counselor, but she has the same abilities as you. She can help."

"She's a fairy.", I stated.

"She's a winter fairy.", she corrected.

"You mean Tinkerbell's sister? That's the person who you want to teach Ellie?", my mom interjected.

"Yeah, I mean it's a win, win for everyone. Ellie still gets to stay at school and learn her powers and get to hang out with her friends, and you know that she's in good hands. Everyone wins."

A smile came upon my face when I heard this. I might actually get to stay at Auradon Prep.

"No, Anna. We've already made a decision that I teach Ellie. And plus, when her father's powers kick int then what is Periwinkle gonna do?", my mother defended.

Just hearing the words 'her father' come out of her mouth was still giving me a weird feeling since I'm not used to it. I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to it.

"But Elsa, that time hasn't come yet.", my Aunt said. "She so far only has your powers."

"It hasn't come yet?", my mother exclaimed. "Have you seen her hair? It's basically a mood ring!"

My jaw fell to the ground not knowing what to say. I looked down at my braid and my hair was slowly turning red.

"That's not a power! That's just something passed on to her. It's not gonna hurt anyone, but her powers might if we don't get her some help."

"Do I have a say in this?", I asked, awkwardly getting back in the conversation. They turned their heads to look at me. "I should have a say in this.", I said, more confidently.

"Yes," my Aunt glared at my mother before saying, "you should."

"Okay." I gave a sigh of relief before continuing. "Now, Aunt Anna, have you even talked about this with Counselor Periwinkle?", I asked.