The Start of Something New

The Isle of The Lost isn't the most fun place in the world if you haven't already noticed. Especially when there's nothing to do. Everyone is always so sad and never smiling. Even the kids! But I've gotten used to it. I so far have no friends and it's understandable. I mean, who wants to talk to the goodie-goodie kid when you can talk to evil villains? Am I right? I've talked to some people, but they aren't really that friendly. My mom says true friends are the people who have a special place in your heart, but I don't think any of the people on this island even have a heart. That's just my opinion anyway. I'm sure I can find at least one person on this island that's kinda normal.

I was walking around the neighborhood watching people do their thing. Some of the villains around here are merchants. They sell different things Auradon dumps here, which is a good life style I guess. I mean there's nothing else to really do here. Unless you count being mean or just doing schoolwork. I'm only 4 years old so school doesn't really count with me just yet.

I go to this guy Jafar everyday to see what he has in his store. He's a very.....interesting person. I don't know any other way to put it. He's doesn't seem that evil, but I may be wrong. Everytime I come in his store he welcomes me to new things he gets to sell, but I never buy anything which makes him kind of angry. My mom says not to talk to most of the villains around here, but what she doesn't know is some of them are alright people. I mean when you don't have magic and stuck on an island forever the least you can do is try getting along with the people you're going to be around for the rest of your life. That's what I'm doing. Trying to not look on the down side is my specialty.

I walked into Jafar's shop again just to see what else he has in store to make me buy. What he doesn't understand is I'm too young to give him money. But he gets in his own little world sometimes. I looked around and didn't see Jafar anywhere, and that's weird considering he never leaves the counter. I'm not kidding, he really never leaves it. He says it's because he can't trust other people around his fortune.

I walk around the shop to see if he has anything new that looks appealing. I saw necklaces and lamps (not the kind with the genies and stuff, just plain light lamps)and lots of other junk. I look at the stairs in the corner of the shop and see his parrot just staring at me. I don't usually talk to it because I find it annoying how it mocks everything I'm saying, but I do like to pet it if Jafar lets me. I walk over to the parrot and pet him.

"Hello, Lago. Have you seen Jafar anywhere?", I asked.

This time he didn't mock my words which I found kinda strange since he does that to everyone. I guess he didn't feel being bothered, so I stopped petting and continued looking around. All I could find were dusty shelves of dusty treasures. The usually. I looked at a cracked mirror and saw  my reflection. I would say that's bad luck, but how much worse can things possibly get? I saw my crystal necklace and tugged on it. One day I will meet my wonderful aunt who gave this to me. I have hope that I will meet my whole family, just not anytime soon.

I looked down at my bracelet my mom made for me for my birthday. She bought some charms from some of the villains down the block and put them on a white string. One was a heart charm and then the others had winter related things. Like a sparkly snowflake and a snowman with the most adorable smile. My mom says to never lose the snowman charm, and I don't know why. She said one day I  will know and obviously that day is not today.

I got bored and decided to make my way out of the shop, but then I heard footsteps behind me.

"Hey, you!"

I turned around and was welcomed by a little boy around my height, maybe a little taller. His hair was a little above his shoulder and he was wearing a tight red tee and black pants. He looked like he was around my age.