Chapter 9

The next day at breakfast

Luna's Pov

I walk into the room and see everyone but my dad were eating breakfast. Bruce and Tony were sitting at the bar, both of them were eating cold pizza from yesterday's lunch. Natasha, Clint and Captain were sitting at the table eating toast, eggs, and turkey bacon. Uncle Thor was going through the cabinets for pop tarts. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed an already made parfait and sat at the table with the shield agents.

"So, what are the plans for today?" I ask.

"Well Tony is going to help you look for college courses you are interested in taking online, after that you will be training with Clint and I." Natasha says looking up from her phone.

"Why am I looking for college courses already?!"

"Because if you are getting out of high school then you are going to start up college."

"Ugh! Can't I have a little break before I have to start all that?"

"Luna, your courses won't start till next semester, but you have to sign up for them as soon as possible before there isn't any good slots left."

"Fine, what are we working on today in training?"

"Knife throwing, you're getting sloppy again."

"Okay, sounds cool. Hey after that can I go help Bruce and Tony out in the lab?" I ask raising my voice so the two nerds could hear.

"Sure thing, we are planning on introducing your dad to how things work on a basic level down there, you would be a lot of help in explaining things from an Asgardian perspective." Bruce says smiling at me.

I think of our conversation from last night, "Never mind I think I'll pass, I just remembered I wanted to check out this report from Dr. Temperance Brennan on bone deterioration. Hey! That's it, I know what classes I want to look for! I want to take courses to become a forensic anthropologist!"

"Fascinating! Friend Stark what is this forensic anthropologist?" Uncle asks.

"A forensic anthropologist studies human skeletal remains for law enforcement agencies to determine the identity of unidentified bones." Natasha tells him. "Hey you might get to work for Dr. Brennan! You know she is taking interns right now and you are already pretty knowledgeable on the subject and have read all of her papers that she has published."

"That would be awesome!! Come on Tony lets go I want to get enrolled as quickly as possible in to a class then I need to send an application into Dr. Brennon!" I say excited with where my plans were going. I completely forgot about my conversation last night with my dad an how horrible I felt from what I said.

Two hours later I was enrolled into my classes for the next semester and I had sent off my application to the Jeffersonian. I walked into the kitchen with Tony to get a snack, to find my dad and Thor having a heated argument. Tony and I stopped and watched as my dad screamed at my uncle.

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO! I REFUSE TO MEET JANE FOSTER, I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR MORTAL COMPANION!"

"Loki I don't see the problem with you meeting her! You two would get along fine, she has a brilliant mind, something the two of you have in common when you decide to use yours."

"I DON'T CARE HOW SMART YOU THINK SHE IS, YOU THINK THE INVENTION OF POPTARTS SHOULD BE CELEBRATED WITH A WORLDWIDE HOLIDAY! I WILL NOT BE MEETING MS. FOSTER"

"Is it because Erick is coming? I assure you he will not be cold towards you brother, everything has been explained to them, he forgives you."

"SHUT UP THOR, IM DONE HERE. WHEN THEY GET HERE DON'T BOTHER TELLING ME OR BOTHERING ME TO MEET THEM, IM NOT!" My dad turns around red faced from screaming at Uncle Thor and sees us standing in the doorway ready to bolt at a moment's notice. He instantly schools his face into a mask and walks out the opposite door and takes the long way back to his quarters.

"Wow...awkward..." Tony says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Do not worry about my brother, I fear he is scared to face the good doctor after what he has done to him."

"I wouldn't get too worked up over it Thor, he'll come around." Tony comforts him, getting a glass of scotch for himself and a as an afterthought one for me and Thor as well.

We sit down at the island in silence for a moment. "You allow my niece to drink?" Thor asks raising an eyebrow at Tony.

"She was constantly sneaking it anyways so I thought why not just let her. So please don't beat my skull in for it big guy, even if I didn't let her she would be doing it anyways, this girl has a mind for breaking the rules." Tony says defending his self.

"Aye I remember when Loki taught her to pick a lock. Nothing was ever the same around the castle after that. Then the man went and taught her all of the secrete passages. I thought Odin was going to kill them both when Luna stole his helmet and hid it in the stables."

We laughed and shared stories of things I've done for about an hour before I had to go meet Tasha and Clint for training.

I walked into the training room to find nobody there. I guess they got called into work. I shrug my shoulders and did some stretching anyways then went and stated on the punching bag. Throwing punches and jabs into the bag full of sand until my knuckles cracked. Then I went to the treadmill and ran a couple miles. After I felt like I did a good work out, I went back upstairs and took a shower.

Getting out of my shower I realized I didn't set out any clothes so I wrapped a towel around my body and another one in around my hair. Walking across my room I hear my laptop go off signaling an email. I make my way over there instead and open my email, smiling when I saw who it was from. The Jeffersonian was going to let me intern with Dr. Brennon!!! I ran to my closet threw on some pants and a button up shirt since I was going down to the lab, then I took off for the elevator, giddy with excitement and bouncing up and down ready to tell Tony and Bruce about my internship.

The elevator gets to the Lab and I shoot out of it hurriedly typing in my password and rocketing toward the three people in the back of the lab. I jump onto Tony's back squealing into his ear.

"Good God, what's gotten into you Luna?" Tony asks as I got off his back and proceeded to jump around in circles.

"I GOT ACCEPTED TO WORK WITH DR. BRENNON!!!!!"

"That's great kiddo! When do you start?"

"Next week!"

"That's amazing, I'm so proud of you! Pepper will want to hear about this, she gets back later tonight from that press conference."

"Excuse me who is Dr. Brennon?" a soft voice asks.

I look over and see dad standing beside Bruce who has a big smile on his face from my excitement. My smile slips from my face and we fall into an awkward silence for a moment.

"Dr. Brennon is a Forensic Anthropologists, they work with the FBI to identify dead bodies who have not been identified yet. She's the best not only in her field but in other fields as well." Tony explains to my dad, "Not many people get the privilege to work alongside her."

"Oh, well good job Luna, I'm sure you will make her proud to have you to work with," my dad says quietly.

"Thanks dad," I reply in a small voice, not sure what else to say with the other two in the room.

"So Tony you were showing Loki the blueprints to your first ironman suit?" Bruce says breaking the silence.

"Oh yeah."

With that the room with filled with Tony explaining to my dad his first Ironman suit that he built out in the desert to get away from a group of terrorists.

Hours later we all leave the lab and head to our own rooms. After the day I had I went to sleep the moment my head hit the pillow, not a dream one throughout the night, though I couldn't say the same for my dad...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DarthxErik made this video thanks to him! Loved it!