Chapter 21

I know the song above is pretty old but I heard it the other day on the radio and I cant seem to get it off my mind, I've been listening to it on repeat. A lot of the lyrics really hit home to me, like when he talks about the church and how they preach about how Gob loves everyone, but it's all thrown out the window on the subject of being gay. I see that so much and I hate it. God gave humans freedom, and it doesn't matter who you love as long as you do love. I may loose followers for saying this but to me homophobia is the same kind of hate that people used against the blacks when they were fighting for their freedoms. People want to get so upset over the new law to allow men who feel more like a woman to use the women's restroom and blame the raps that have occurred on them. It's not them who raped those victims it's the sick men who took advantage of the new law that was set in place to make people who are uncomfortable using the men's restroom because they do not identify as a man. This is America, there are soldiers who have fought and died so that we may all live equally and have the chance to pursue our happiness. God gave us the freedom to be who ever we want to be just as he did for everyone, he sent his son to die for me so that I may be who I am without fear. Most people use religion to speak against being gay, but for me it is my greatest argument of why we should be accepted everyone no matter who they are. Sorry just had this rant going in my head for a while now and listening to this song along with everything else going on right now made me really feel the need to get it out there. 

  Anyway back to the story, thanks for reading my story, following it and me.  

The next day I was woken up early and we left for Tony's other house. Dad and Loki talked the whole way there, about all sorts of different things Tony had to work on in California. I went over the files that had been sent to me from Bones, a body had come in late last night, and she wanted me to asset as much as I could since the other interns were testing for their doctorates. They would be in and out through this one.

When we landed I went and picked out my room, I picked one on the far side of the house, away from where everyone else's rooms were. I had dummy and butterfingers bring in computers and desks, which I arranged in a circle like in my room back in New York. This room was bigger and was at the corner of the house, so there were two walls with full windows facing the ocean. The floors were a dark oak and the walls were painted a plain white. I had Jarvis order some different paints to be sent over as soon as possible. Then I went about putting things in the closet and going to my older room to get some more clothes from there. The old room was plain and much smaller, seeing as I never spent time here I never did anything to it. After that I went back to my room and put all the clothes up. The bathroom had the same type of walls and flooring as the other room, with a long counter that was black marble. The shower had black tile to match the counter.

I went back into my room and started up my computers and began downloading my content that I sent over the server. After that I took out the more sensitive information off the drive I brought with me and downloaded that as well, to the one computer I kept off the internet and disconnected from everything. By time I was satisfied with my set up the paint had arrived so I went to find dummy and butterfingers to help me lug it all to my room.

I went and changed into some overalls and an old t-shirt then started with the bathroom and painted a dark blue base, when it was dried I painted building outlines over it in black. I slowly added detail to the buildings making it look like a city scape at night. Satisfied I left the bathroom, "Luna, you are being asked to meet in the kitchen Tony ordered some food for dinner." Jarvis informed me.

"I'll be there in a minute," I replied and started making my way down to the kitchen.

"There she is I thought you were never going to come out," Tony said smiling at me when I made it.

"You've been painting," My dad commented smiling as well.

"Yeah I just finished my bathroom, I need to get my bedroom done, not sure what I will do for it yet though, and it'll have to wait until tomorrow, I need to get through the new files Bones sent over after dinner." I ramble off, "So what have you two been doing?"

"Tony has been showing me around his workshop and the different projects he has going here. We plan to work on a place to keep the armor safely under the building." Dad says looking excited at the thought of working on such a project. He always did enjoy science and building things, the science of course being connected to magic.

"If you're going to be doing all this painted I don't see how you're going to get that armor done in two weeks..." Tony trails off with that smirk of his.

"Oh don't worry I'll get it done," I replied with a smirk of my own.

The dinner continued with plenty of banter and some stories from Asgard that my dad shared. After words we all broke away to do our own things, dad going to read, Tony his lab, and I went to my room and got to work on the going through the new evidence and trying to come up with something helpful to the case.

I know it's short, sorry, I'll try and update soon, I have writers block write now for everything I'm working on.