Chapter 11

Luna's POV

After work

I sit outside the Jeffersonian once again waiting to be picked up. It was 4:30 and I had gotten off thirty minutes ago. No one was in sight. By 5 I was beginning to get worried. By the time it was 6 I was pacing. Never had I been left this long. The Jeffersonian was closing up and everyone was leaving. Booth pulls up and goes inside. Dr. Brennon and Booth exit a couple minutes later and Booth saw I was still there, he came over with Brennon.

"Hey your ride on the way?"

"Um they should be by now." I say biting my lip.

"You got off two hours ago Luna, it shouldn't be taking this long for your ride to come get you should it?" Brennon asks.

"Well everyone kind of got put on a mission today, so it's probably just taking Happy some time to get here. Pepper probably had to go to a meeting."

"Come on we will take you home, you can get ahold of someone and tell them so no one will be worried." Booth tells me motioning for me to come with them.

They drive me to the tower and I get out as soon as something hits the top of the tower where Tony's platform is for taking off and putting on his suit. I take off for the elevator when I get in I notice that Booth and Brennon had followed me. I press for the top floor and the elevator takes off at top speed.

"Jarvis, damage report," I say.

"Extensive damage to the landing platform, you and Tony will have a lot of work to do to fix it. Tony has led the assailant away from the area and they are now the next block over. I am not aware of the locations of the others, our guest is currently with SHEILD for safety precautions. Tony says you might want to suit up."

"I'm NOT suiting up and I'll get to work on the platform right away, send butterfingers, dummy, and you up with supplies"

"Right away Luna, I am also patching you through to Tony."

"What! No, Jarvis..."

"Luunnaaaa," I hear Tony whine through the speakers as I step out onto the top floor, the other two following me.

"Tooonnnnyyy," I whine back trying to sound as annoying as possible.

"You should totally suit up, this would be a great chance for practicing with your suit."

"No Tony the suit isn't finished, besides I'm sure you are handling the situation just fine. Your real problem is you don't want to take all the blame for the damage you are causing."

"Spoiled sport."

"I'll give you a choice, get yelled at by Pepper for letting me suit up and help or get all the blame and get yelled at from Fury..."

"You know what how about you just start on repairing the platform I think I got this out here."

"Exactly what I thought, coward."

"Hey, you would choose the same thing, angry Pepper is scary. Fury on the other hand is easy to block out, and shut up with a threat about not founding."

"Just shut up and get back to fighting."

"I am fighting, I happen to be a great multitasker."

"Jarvis hang up."

"Wha..." was all Tony got out before Jarvis cut the connection.

"Is there anything else you would like Luna?"

"Um, do you guys want anything to drink? Tony has all sorts of liquor, I'll have the usual Jarvis."

"We're fine thanks." Booth answers after a quick glance with Dr. Brennon.