Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A gunshot rang through the air, the next thing I know I feel a pain in my shoulder, dangerously near my heart. As soon as I registered that I had been shot I took off running. I knew I had fucked up and it might just cost me my life. Natasha was always getting on to me about being to careless and cocky in my simulations and now I can see why. Real life isn't going to use rubber bullets that just leaves a nasty bruise, real life uses real bullets that actually enter you body and hurts like hell.

I stumbled and fall, when I tried to push myself back up I screamed in pain from trying to use both arms when I had been shot in the shoulder. I stopped and caught my breath before trying to get up again, this time with only one arm and when I got to my feet I looked behind me and spotted parrot guy perched in a tree taking aim again. I took off running in zig zags trying to make it harder for him to aim at me.

Tears were streaming down my face and for the first time in my life I was actually scared that I was in real danger, and that the avengers wouldn't be able to save me. I mean sure I've been kidnapped before, once or twice, but I was never hurt and the avengers always showed up to get me. This time nobody was in sight and I was shot.

Another shot pierced the air and this time he got me in the leg. If I wasn't an Asgardian then I would be down for the count, but even then it slowed me down a lot. I was gasping for breath as I made it over the crest of a hill and I heard another shot, I was sure it hit something important, probably a lung, because it suddenly got very hard to breath.

I trip and fall rolling down the hill that thankfully hid me from any more shots, but wouldn't stop me from dying of blood loss, or the crazy man from catching up to me when he decided to descend from his nest. I force myself to get back up, blinking away black spots from my vision. I try and run, but it was more of a slow jog, okay even that is a stretch it was a stumbling walk.

I see a road with traffic not too far, far enough they wouldn't have noticed anything wrong but at the same time not too far. I push myself to run for it. Waving my arms and screaming at somebody to stop, at least I hope I was screaming, my vision and my hearing were going in and out.

I reach the road winded and not willing to take another step hopefully parrot guy doesn't follow me this way. I collapse as I hear a car stopping and I all I notice is someone picking me up before I black out.