Chapter Eight - Our Nightmares

The weekend had finally arrived. The weekend meant sleeping in and I was not about to complain. I woke up in Jack's strong arms. I could stay like this forever. He squeezed me tighter as I tried to wriggle my way out of his tight hold. I turned around and saw his beautiful face sleeping peacefully. He really is sexy.

After finally escaping his tight hold I tiptoed my way to the kitchen, knowing that Lily would still be sleeping.

"Ethan your up." I stated as I was greeted with Ethan drinking coffee and reading the paper.

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep last night." He frowned at me and then buried his head back in the news paper. I knew he was still devastated about Kelly. They had been together so long I couldn't imagine him being without her.

"Well, you can stay here for as long as you want." I walked over to my espresso machine and made myself a coffee. It was quiet for a few moments before I heard the paper being folded up and placed on the kitchen counter.

"When were going to tell us about Lily's nightmares?" Ethan asked seriously as he glared at me. He looked almost angry.

"Um...never?" I questioned sipping on my coffee and eying him carefully. I was slightly annoyed at the angry tone he was using with me. This is not going to turn out okay, I could feel it. The tension in the room had become thick and I knew an argument was about to ensue. What a way to start a morning.

"What do you mean never?" he asked with a pissed off face.

"I didn't think it was any of your business." I stated firmly.

"None of my business? That is my fucking niece!" I flinched when I heard him swear. Ethan never swore, Kelly always made sure of it.

"I didn't think it should concern you." I said in a more controlled and calm voice.

"Well it does Cameron!" He yelled. "I know shes your daughter but she's brand new to the family, we have all fallen in love with her. I will protect her with my life and I'm telling you I can give her medication that can help her with the nightmares."

"I am not medicating my daughter!" I yelled at him, angry that he would suggest such a thing.

"So you're just going to let her suffer?" He asked back angrily.

"I don't believe in medicating her problems. I am a firm believer that if she was to see someone and talk about,"

"Talk about her problems, how typical of all. You're going to get a 13 year-old to talk about her feelings with a shrink like shes crazy." Ethan spat.

"Well, its better than suppressing her feelings and emotions with medications." I spat back.

"How selfish of you!" He spat back. "I will not sit back and watch my niece suffer because her mother doesn't know whats good for her."

"What on earth are you two fighting about?" Dad's voice invaded the kitchen and Ethan and I turned to see Mum and Dad glaring at the both of us. I really need to take away the key from outside. I looked down into my coffee mug in order to regain my composure. "Well?" Dad said clearly impatient. I looked up at Ethan hoping he wouldn't say anything to Mum and Dad about Lily's nightmares, but Ethan really did love Lily and I knew he wouldn't stay quiet.

"Last night," Ethan started.

"Ethan, please don't." I begged as I looked straight at him. I didn't need advice, I had already made my decision about how I wanted Lily to be treated in regards to her nightmares. This was not something up for discussion. I did research to find the best possible treatment in order to help someone cope with such a traumatic experience at such a young age. Therapy was the best option.