Chapter 34 - What's your number?

"Oh that is cold!" I stated as I looked at my OBGYN, Zara, nervously.

She laughed slightly while she busily pushed buttons on the machine. "Yeah, you would think they would make a warm version of the gel. So, Jack, father of two, who would've thought?"

Jack and Zara shared a look and the tension in the room grew. They looked at each other as though they had a past.

"Oh my god, Dad did you use to date her?" Lily questioned as she laughed slightly breaking Zara and Jack's staring contest.

"Jack?" I looked at him with eyes wide in amusement.

"Go on Jack." Zara spat venomously. I watched as Jack swallowed hard and giving me an annoyed looking for pushing the subject further.

"Yes, Zara and I used to date." Jack paused and looked at Lily and I before carrying on. "We dated for three years and then broke up."

"Why did we break up Jack? Do you remember?" Zara threw daggers at Jack as Lily and I watched on in amusement. "No, can't remember? Let me refresh your memory, you told me and I quote, 'I don't want kids, ever!' And now here you are, two kids later."

"All right you are being completely unprofessional, can I have a word with you outside?" Jack raised his voice slightly in irritation. He moved quickly and walked outside while Zara followed hot on his heels.

Lily and I looked at each other and then erupted into laughter.

Jack stormed back into the room with a angry look on his face and Zara followed behind him glumly. An awkward tension had fallen among the group and before long a strange sound of galloping horses erupted in the room. My eyes flicked over to the ultrasound and sure enough there was a tiny little baby. My eyes watered and I turn to see Jack holding Lily with tears both in their eyes.

"Say hello little one." Zara announced to us.

This is a moment I promised myself I wouldn't forget. This overwhelming feeling of joy and love, I didn't want to forget it.

-------------------------------------------------
After leaving the doctors we made our way to Mum and Dad's where everyone was waiting to see how everything went.

Lily had rushed into the house and Jack had come around to open my door.

"Jack, I can open my door. I'm pregnant not incompetent." I moaned. He frowned slightly and reached out his hand to help me stand. I quickly swatted it away and growled.

"I'm just trying to be romantic!" Jack exclaimed.

"Well don't, it's pissing me off!" I said back in a grump.

"Why are you mad?" Jack asked jogging to catch up with me.

"I don't know ask Zara!" I spat.

Jack pulled on my arm to stop me from walking and turned me to face him. "You were laughing in the room, why are you mad now?" Jack asked getting confused.

"I...I don't know. I don't understand what's going on with me. I'm not a jealous person, I'm far from it! You could go and sleep with all of your 12 exe girlfriends and I wouldn't give two fucking shits, okay!"

"How did you know it was 12?" Jack asked with a tense face.

"Walter. It just came out." I explained as his face became contorted.

"That prick." Jack gritted out.

"But, what I was trying to say was that I'm not actually jealous, I want to be and its weird cause I am a little bit. Ugh, I'm not even making sense! Its this pregnancy, don't you get it?" I sighed exhausted that I didn't even make sense.