Chapter 29 - Us

The day was long. Lily was put on a ward and we finally got down to the bottom of what happened.

Apparently Lily and Carmen were still having problems and decided to meet up to finish it once and for all. Carmen, the little shit, got her older sister involved and they ended up gang bashing Lily. Jasmine ran to get a teacher and by the time they made it to Lily she was unconscious on the ground.

I went absolutely nuts. How dare they think they could hurt my daughter and get away with it. Liam had to physically restrain me so I didn't leave the hospital and find the little bitches. He stayed late and comforted me. Although he didn't stay for my grilling from my family about me going back on patrol.

"Why are you in your uniform?" Jack asked with a sour face. He had been wearing a sour face the whole day and he was ignoring me. When he wasn't ignoring me he was giving me attitude. I really didn't know what his problem was, its not like I put Lily in here.

Everyone had left and gave us well wishes and said they would return tomorrow. It was just Jack and I, along with Lily sleeping on the bed. She had woken up earlier only to have fallen asleep a few minutes later.

Her MRI scan came back good and didn't show any signs of brain damage. Ethan said she will be alright and said that she needed to sleep it off, and that she would have a major head ache in the morning.

I sighed deeply and just stared at her face. Her bruises were more defined and she had swelling on her cheek that Ethan said would be fine in the morning.

I looked across to Jack and saw that his jaw was set and his eyes looked hard. He looked so angry, I loathed to point out that he looked sexy. His eyes flicked to mine and I saw nothing but passionate rage. I was taken aback to realise that it was directed at me. He stood up abruptly and stormed out of the room.

I stood up and followed after him.

"Jack, wait! What the hell is going on?" I said hurriedly as I pulled on his arm. He turned around and pulled his arm out of my grip.

"Just leave me alone. Leave me and go to Liam!" He grit out as his face was mere inches away. This Jack was not the Jack I was having coitus with last night. He was possessive and displayed nothing but jealously.

"What are you talking about?" I yelled back at him.

"YOU and LIAM! I saw the way he held you! The way you held onto him, that was more than just co-workers comforting each other, that was lovers holding one another!" Jack spat angrily as his eyes showed pain. "I bet you're sleeping with him too! How could you? He's married!"

"I beg your pardon! Liam and I are not sleeping together, you dick! What has gotten into you?" I asked confused by his accusations and his anger.

"Oh don't give me that! Give me the respect I deserve and tell me the truth! Are you sleeping with him?" Jack asked. He looked like a wounded moose and I wanted nothing more than to tell him that everything he thought to be true was wrong.

"Jack! I'm not sleeping with him! What possessed you to think that?" I asked sounding frustrated and tired.

"The way you went to him for comfort and not me, the father of your child!" Jack yelled once again getting frustrated. I placed my hands on my hips and turned and kicked my foot against the wall. My head slumped against the wall and I took deep breaths to try and calm myself.

"Jack, we're not together, if I turned to you for comfort my family would have clicked on." I explained with my head still leaning against the wall. We let silence comfort and calm us while we stood trying to regain our composure.

"What about me? Who's there to comfort me?" Jack asked sounding broken. I lifted my head off the wall and looked over to him. His eyes held so much pain as he looked directly at me that I felt the urgent need to comfort him. I didn't think that he would need comforting also. How selfish of me.

"Oh, Jack!" I reached out to him and wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me and sure enough I felt small sobs roll through him. I felt a few tears land on my shoulder and I held him tighter. I cried a few tears with him. We held each other knowing the fear that we had both experienced today.

After a while I pulled back and looked into his eyes and wiped away his tears and he did the same to mine.

"When she flat lined, I was so scared I thought my heart was going to stop with hers." He explained as we both took a seat on the ground. We sat side by side needing each others comfort.

"Well she's okay now. I'm really sorry I didn't think about you needing the comfort, it was selfish of me, I'm sorry." I said while turning my head to face him.

"That's okay. If I was to be honest, I was jealous. I was jealous of Liam getting to hold you, not me." He said with a embarrassed smile.

"Jealous?" I questioned.

"Yeah. The woman that I love, in the arms of another, it would drive any man to jealousy." Jack said while looking directly in front of him.

Hold up! He said he loves me. HE LOVES ME!

"You what?" I asked turning fully.

He laughed slightly and wore the sexiest grin ever. "I love you, Cameron, I always have. You don't have to say it back."

"I love you too." I stated hurriedly. My eyes went wide. I just said that out loud. He turned his head to face mine and he looked at me seriously.

"You do?" He asked.

"Yeah. I never really stopped. But, I fought it so hard because I wasn't sure if you loved me back and also I was scared Lily might be right. I don't want us to hate each other." I explained.

"You have the worst logic in the world!" He laughed before he grabbed my face and kissed me deeply and meaningfully.

"How are we going to tell Lily?" I asked after a while. I lifted my head off of his shoulder and looked at him concerned.

"Kiss each other right in front of her?" Jack joked. We bothed laughed and stood to walk back into her room.

We stood at the end of her bed, in each others arms and watched her sleep.

"Cameron, its just Us against the world. I love you." Jack stated before bending his head down to kiss me.