twelve

it was late morning and luke was buried in his bed with the duvet tucked up to his nose.

ashton was lying beside him and sleeping soundly. he was turned to luke, making luke be able to study every inch of his relaxed face and his his tanned chest that moved up and down peacefully.

luke smiled under the duvet when ashton released small snores from his perfect lips. luke shuffled even closer to ashton and reached one hand up to gently draw invisible butterflies on ashton's chest.

ashton hummed in his sleep and luke giggled quietly, pressing small kisses to ashton's shoulder before continuing to draw on his skin.

after luke had drawn all kinds of beautiful things on ashton's skin, he laid his hand flat on ashton's chest and just counted each heartbeat that he felt under his palm.

ashton's heart was beating calmly, as if it was playing some beautiful music. like the soothing melody of your favorite piano symphony.

it was just like that, and luke wanted ashton to play that melody for him all his life.

a faint knock on the door of luke's apartment was heard and luke sighed quietly. he didn't want to get up and leave ashton to sleep alone. and if luke got up he'd be cold.

the blonde left a sweet kiss over ashton's heart before gently slipping out of the cozy bed without waking ashton up.

luke was cold and naked, so he leaned down and put on ashton's comfortable boxers and the honey-blond's big hoodie over that, finding warmth from ashton even though he was not right beside him.

luke took one last look at ashton and smiled before walking out of his bedroom and tip toed on the cold floor over to the apartment door.

he hid his hands in the long sleeves of ashton's hoodie before unlocking the door and opening it, raising his eyebrows a bit when seeing michael standing in front of him.

"hi baby boy" michael said as he stepped into the apartment and stepped closer to luke.

"you look adorable" michael murmured before placing his hands on luke's cheeks and pulled him in for a sweet kiss.

luke frowned and shook his head, gently pulling away and taking michael's hand off of him.

"what's wrong?" michael asked and his eyes were filled with worry. michael had never seen luke look so torn and he had never really experienced the blonde saying no, so michael immediately thought something was very wrong.

"nothing," luke said and shuffled around a bit on his bare feet, "it's just-- we can't do this anymore"

michael frowned as he gently played with one of luke's sweater paws. "why? has something happened?"

luke nodded and michael widened his eyes in slight panic, but luke only smiled.

"i fell in love" luke breathed out and his blue eyes were gleaming and glittering like the ocean did when the sun hit the surface on a beautiful summer day.

"you fell in love?" michael asked and his eyes noticeably softened, "with who?"

"with ashton" luke said and just saying the name out loud made luke's body all warm and he smiled so big his cheeks almost hurt.

"ashton?" michael repeated the unfamiliar name and luke nodded his head, "is he good to you?"

"he's amazing" luke breathed out and michael just knew by the sound of luke's voice and the look on his face, that luke indeed was in love. and unbelievably happy as well for that matter.

"i'm happy for you, baby boy" michael said and smiled warmly at luke with those dark pink lips of his.

luke knew just how good michael's lips felt against his own, but he also knew he wouldn't miss them since he had ashton now, and ashton's lips were the only lips luke wanted to feel.

"thank you" luke said and brought michael closer to hug him tightly.

"you're in love as well" luke mumbled into the hug.

"i am?" michael asked and luke pulled away to nod his head.

"with calum" luke whispered and looked into michael's friendly green eyes that always made you relax and feel so safe.

"i am" michael breathed out with a small smile on his face as he nodded his head, like he had realized just how much in love he was with the pretty and tanned younger boy.

"you should tell him that. i think he's dreaming about hearing those words from you" luke whispered. michael nodded.

"i should do that," he said and stepped away from luke so get closer to the door, "i should do that now"

luke smiled and nodded his head, giggling slightly at the happy look on his friend's face as he mumbled about how he was starting to grow nervous.

"you'll be fine, he's in love with you too" luke said and michael took a deep breath before leaning in and leaving a sweet kiss on luke's cheek.

"thank you, i love you" michael said before smiling and walking out of the apartment.

"i love you too" luke said, because he did love michael and he did love calum. but he was in love with ashton.

luke smiled and let out a happy noise before walking back to his room. he crawled back into his bed and cuddled close to ashton, smiling when hearing the honey-blond let out a content hum.

"where were you? it was empty without you" ashton said in a hoarse morning voice, making luke shiver a bit.

"had to talk some sense into a friend" luke said and smiled so big when ashton opened his eyes and locked them with luke's.

"you're so pretty in my clothes" ashton said and caressed luke's slightly rosy cheek with his fingers.

"you're so pretty always" ashton added before leaning in and placing a sweet kiss on luke's lips.

after leaning back again, ashton bopped luke's adorable nose, earning a pretty giggle from the blonde.

"i'm so happy i'm in love with you" luke said and buried his nose into the crook of ashton's neck, breathing in the smell of a newly woken up ashton.

"i'm so happy i'm in love with you too, sunshine" ashton said and placed a sweet kiss on the top of luke's flat hair before he ran his long finger through it.

that's how they spent the next hour, just lying in bed, touching each other lovingly and mumbling pretty love explanations to each other.

every time luke giggled, ashton smiled, and every time ashton smiled, luke fell even more in love.

luke was placing light kisses all over ashton's face, making the honey-blond breath out a laugh, when luke's phone buzzed for a text.

luke gave ashton a sweet peck on his lips before turning in the bed and getting his phone from the bedside table.

luke opened the text and breathed out heavily when his whole body just filled with warmth. luke smiled big when seeing those two powerful words that calum had sent him;

thank you

- -

lashton/malum chapter and they're all just aw

important information!!: i think this story will be over after chapter fifteen, so it's three chapters left. (: also, i love all the comments and feedback i've gotten for this story so far. you are all amazing.

vote and comment

ily