Padre... (Short Story)

Little Romano was sitting in a corner pouting. His caretaker that called himself Romano's Padre  had gone out to the bar with his stupid friends. Romano perked up a bit when he heard the door open and saw Antonio walk in. Romano did something he normally wouldn't do. He got up and ran over to Antonio, hugging his leg tightly, "Stupid jerk! Don't leave me home alone again!" He sniffed.

Antonio only glared at the small Italian boy, "Get off me worthless child." He snapped.

Romano stared at him for a few moments, before remembering how people talked about the bastard when he's drunk:

He's nasty when he's drunk. They would say

Romano glared at Antonio and stomped in his foot, "Stupid bastard! That's your drunk self talking!" He sniffled before running to his room, knowing it would be best to avoid the drunk Spaniard.

The next morning, Antonio was a wreak. He was barfing and sobbing at the same time, how could he call little Romano... that? He couldn't even think about it!

Romano woke up to the sound of sobbing coming from the bathroom. He hopped out of bed and headed to the bathroom. Seeing the door open and Mr. Antonio curled up on the ground sobbing, Romano's first reaction was to run over to him and hug him tightly.

"I'm sorry!" Antonio sobbed, "I...I..." He was about to continue when the Italian boy kissed his cheek.

"Calm-a down-a jerk. It-a was-a just the-a drunk-a you. I know-a you would-a never say-a that to-a me unless you were-a drunk." The tomato obsessed toddler said.

Antonio nodded and rubbed his eyes, hugging the brown haired boy tightly. "Te amo Romano."

"Ti amo tu... Padre." The boy muttered, hugging Antonio tightly.