(Short Story)

Little family background, Vic is Ciel's son, and Ernest is Shiori's father, Erika is Ernest's wife and Shiori's mum.
~~~~~~

Ernest looked at his father and grandfather. He looked slightly nervous, and slightly regretful, but he knew he had to do what he had to do.

"Erika and I have been talking," Ernest told the two. "And... We think it would be best to raise Shiori elsewhere."

"But why?" Vic asked.

"I don't want her to grow up around all the shady work the Phantomhives have to do,"

"That's not all of it, is it?" Ciel asked with a small sigh.

"Well, no," Ernest admitted. "I also don't want her growing up around all of... This," he gestured around.

"What do you mean 'this'?" Vic asked.

"I mean the super natural stuff. I want her to grow up in a normal environment. It's nothing against Sebastian or any of the other demons here, Sebastian has had a rather large had in raising this family ever sense you," he gestured to Ciel. "I love the guy to death. But... I think it might be best for Shiori if she could grow up normally."

"Will you at least-"

"And no Dad, before you ask I have no plans on making my family or I immortal. Like I said, normal lives."

Ciel and Vic just stared at him, then, nodded slightly.

"If that's what you really want," Vic said, though the thought of not seeing his granddaughter grow up broke his heart.

Ciel clenched his fist a bit. If they didn't want to become immortal, then he'd loose them. That's to that potion he and Sebastian got from Alex a while ago, he hasn't suffered loss in a while. Yet, reluctantly, he nodded. And with his heart falling into an abyss, he said.

"Vic's correct. If that's really what you want Ernest..."