Chapter 2. Grandma Cathy Comes

I blinked my eyes open and squinted, trying to look at the time on my phone. It was 10:30 in the morning and by the sound coming from downstairs, I could tell Grandma Cathy was already here. 

I yawned and sat up, rubbing my eyes then stretching. I got out of bed and pulled my robe off of my chair by my door. I pulled it around me and tied the satin ribbon around my small waist. 

I opened my door and stepped outside of my room then made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen. It took me a few minutes before I actually got there but when I did, I wanted to go straight back to my room.

"Anna, darling. Why did you sleep so late?" she asked, placing her coffee cup on the island counter. I rolled my eyes and went to the fridge.

"Where's my mom and dad?" I asked, getting the carton of orange juice. 

I heard Cathy let out a sigh behind me as I closed the fridge door and grabbed a glass cup from the cabinet where we kept our cups.

"They went to work. Aiden went to go out with some friends and Allie is still over at Jasmine's." my grandma replied, crossing her right leg over her left. I poured some juice into the cup and took a sip.

"Great." I took another sip, looking in her hazel eyes. "When are we leaving?" I asked, putting the cup on the counter.

"Whenever you're ready. Which better be in five minutes or less." Cathy said, getting up and putting her cup in the metal sink. I sucked in a breath and let it out, rolling my eyes.

"Awesome." I said sarcastically.

"Anna, you need to learn how to have manners." Cathy said, walking to where she was next to me.

"I do have manners. I just choose not to use them." I said simply. I smirked as she shook her head and walked out of the kitchen. 

I finished my juice and put the cup in the sink before going back to my room. I put on white high-waisted short-shorts, an orange flowy crop top, and my white Converse. 

I threw my hair up in a ponytail and put some mascara over my light green eyes. I looked at my reflection in my bathroom and knew Cathy would want me to change once I stood in front of her.

"Whatever." I mumbled, walking out of my bathroom and grabbing my white purse. 

I stuffed my phone in my purse and grabbed my Aviator style sunglasses I'd gotten from Charming Charlie's. Shutting my door behind me, I quickly made my way down the stairs and found my Grandma tapping her foot on the marble floor.

"Are you ready to go yet?" she asked impatiently. I gave her a nod and opened one of the front doors, having Cathy follow behind me. 

Her silver Mercedes was parked in the driveway and I got in the passenger seat, knowing she would want to drive. Cathy doesn't really trust anyone with driving 'Stacy', her car's name that she gave it. I slid my black seatbelt over my chest and leaned back in the seat. 

Cathy pulled out of the driveway and headed out of our neighborhood. I reached forward to turn the radio on, but Cathy moved a hand from the steering wheel and slapped at my hand.

"Ow!" I exclaimed, pulling my hand back.

"Don't change the station to one of your pop stations." she said, taking a right out of my neighborhood. 

I clenched my jaw to keep myself from saying something I would regret later and looked out the window. It was a forty minute drive to Beverly Hills, where we were going shopping, and the whole way there Cathy and I didn't say a single word to each other. My grandma pulled into a parking space in the mall parking lot and we both got out.