Chapter 19. Heart-Broken

Cameron POV

"I hope you have a great rest of your tour." Anna said before walking back to our school.

I stood there, not knowing what to do. Was I supposed to run after her or just stay here, in the freaking cold dark. I still felt my heart broken into a million pieces after Anna said that she didn't love me.

"Anna." I called, a tear slipping down my cheek.

I quickly wiped it away as she turned around.

"What?" she asked, her voice hoarse. 

I saw tears fall down her cheeks too, which made me just want to go over and hug her.

"I'm sorry." I said. She knit her eyebrows together.

"Why are you sorry?" she asked, coming closer to me.

"I'm sorry for thinking that I should bring this tonight." I said, pulling out a small black box. Anna's crying eyes widened at the sight of it.

"Cam, what is that?" she asked, fully walking over to me.

"A promise ring." I answered, not meeting her eyes. 

She'd just broken my heart yet I still wanted to just be with her all the time. She was like my oxygen--I needed her. I still do.

"Cameron, you-you got a promise ring?" she asked, looking into my eyes. I nodded as she closed her eyes, pressing her hands to her forehead.

"I still want you to have it." I said, opening it. Inside sat a silver ring with our birthstones on the top, glistening in the moonlight.

"No, I can't. Cam-"

"Anna, take it. Just because you don't love me doesn't mean that I don't love you." I said, taking her hand in mine and sliding it onto her ring finger. That one simple action made me start silently crying. I tried to wipe them away, trying to not have Anna see me cry.

"Cameron." she whispered. Her small hands reached up to my face and wiped the tears off my cheeks.

"Please don't go." I pleaded, finally meeting her beautiful light green eyes.

"Cam, I have to. You can't be in this relationship with one person who's fully committed and the other one that's just halfway in it. It's not fair to the committed person." she said, shaking her head.

I didn't say anything. I just clenched my jaw and looked away from her. Her and all her beauty.

"I'm sorry." she whispered, before going back up to our school.

There I stood, watching the love of my life walk up to the school. It was like I couldn't move my legs--they were frozen. 

I was completely frozen, watching Anna look back at me one last time before walking back into the Winter Formal.

I was heart-broken.