Chapter 15. Without Him

I wiped a tear from my face as I walked back to my car. I pulled down the sleeves of my Nike Rally jacket as the wind picked up. I climbed into my car and sat there for another five minutes, just staring at the steering wheel. 

What am I supposed to do for three months? I can't get my mind off of him and he's been gone for about thirty minutes. I ran my hand through my hair and started the car.

"I am lost

I am vain

I will never be the same

Without you

Without you." Usher sang on the radio.

"Great. Just what I need right now." I mumbled, changing the channel. 

I finally found a song that I could listen to and not feel sad. I pulled into my driveway and got out a couple minutes later. I ran my hands through my hair, wiped the remaining tears from my eyes, and took a breath in before I walked into my house.

"Hey, where have you been?" Aiden asked as he came down the stairs.

"Um, Cameron had to get on his flight to New York. For, um, MAGCon." I explained, hanging my keys on a little hook.

"Oh. How long is he gonna be gone?" he asked, walking to be in front of me.

"Three months." I said, sniffling a little. Aiden pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around him in return. "Where's Allie?" Aiden pulled back from the hug and we walked into the living room.

"She and Mom went out to look for some dresses for that upcoming dance." Aiden said as we plopped down onto the couch.

"What dance?" I asked, creasing my eyebrows together.

"The one that we all have to go to. Dad's friend is holding it for the business tomorrow night, I think. You have to go too." he said, turning the TV on.

"Are you serious?" I groaned, leaning my head back onto the couch.

"Yep. Dad and I are going suit shopping tomorrow. Mom's probably going with you and Cathy to shop tomorrow. Allie may come with you, if she doesn't have a dress already." Aiden listed.

"How do you know all this stuff?" I asked.

"Because I'm actually here when Mom and Dad talk about this stuff. I'm not out with my boyfriend, in my case girlfriend, every night." he said.

"He's not my boyfriend and I wasn't out with him every night. I literally went out with him once." I laughed, looking up at Aiden.

"Sure you did." he said, nodding his head.

"I did!" I exclaimed, sitting up.

"Whatever you say." he said. 

I shook my head, rolling my eyes and leaned back on the couch. I smiled as I remembered out first date. He was so sweet and nice. I wish I could talk to him right now, but I didn't want to disturb him on his flight. 

Just in case he was sleeping. The front door opened and I looked back, seeing Mom and Allie come in. Allie looked like she was about to pass out onto the ground while Mom carried two black bags on her right arm.

"Hey, Anna. You're back." Mom said, closing the front door.

"Yeah. I'm back." I mumbled, standing up.

"Tomorrow, I was thinking, you and I could go dress shopping for you tomorrow. You could invite Cameron if you wanted to." she said, setting the dress bags onto the counter.