Chapter 10. First Show

I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror. Tonight was the first show for the guys' MAGCon tour, which I was going to. 

The show tonight, not the tour. I had curled my hair, like really curled it. 

I was wearing a white lace dress that had long sleeves and went down to my mid-thigh. I paired the dress with a pair of black heels that had a one inch platform and four inch heels, making me 5' 8". I was also wearing a black jeweled necklace, black dangling mesh earrings, and four bracelets--also black. 

I checked my makeup (a smokey eye, liquid eyeliner, mascara, blush, and red lipstick) before grabbing my black purse and coat, then heading out of my room. I pulled my coat on and went down the stairs. On the railing end, a VIP and Backstage pass hung from a black lanyard. I put it on then got out my phone to text Cameron.

To: Cameron 

About to leave my house. See you there

I clicked my phone off, stuffed it in my coat pocket, then went into the living room. 

"Mom, Dad. I'm gonna go to Cameron's show now. I'll see you in a few hours." I said, before turning on my heel.

"Have fun, sweetie!" my mom called. 

I rolled my eyes, knowing that she probably didn't really care. I threw open the door, then closed it as I stepped out onto the porch. I felt my phone vibrate as I walked to my car. I pulled it out while opening my door and getting in.

From: Cameron

K. Hurry! I wanna introduce you to some of the guys.

To Cameron: 

I'll be there as soon as I can, Cam.

From: Cameron

HURRY!!

I rolled my eyes and put all my stuff in the passenger's seat, then started my car. 

In about fifteen minutes, I arrived at the address Cameron had texted me. I grabbed my things, got out of my car, then made my way into the place. 

As I stepped in, a cold breeze blew my hair back and I made my way through the crowd, trying to get to the front.

"Ma'am, you can't go back there." one of the security guards said. 

"Oh, I'm one of their friends." I said, like that would actually get me in there. 

"Anna! There you are!" I heard a Southern accent call. I looked around, making eye contact with a pair of bright blue eyes. 

"Nash! Thank goodness. I can't get past these guys." I said, glaring at the guards. 

Nash approached the big crowd of girls, who started screaming the moment they saw him. I cringed at their yelling as Nash quickly pulled me along with him to the backstage area. 

He opened a door with a little plaque on it that said 'MAGCon Boys'. I smiled as I stepped into the warm room. I looked around at my surroundings. There were some chairs that looked pretty cushiony, a leather couch, and a whole bunch of vanity desks lining one beige-painted wall. 

"Guys, this is Anna. Anna, these are the guys." Nash said, walking to a chair that had his name on the back. I looked around, seeing about eight other guys. 

"Hi." I said, giving a small nod. 

"Well, introduce yourselves." Nash said, motioning to me. After a couple minutes, I knew Taylor, Matthew, Carter, Aaron, Jack Gilinsky, Jack Johnson (not the singer from Hawaii), Hayes, and Shawn. 

"So, how'd you be able to get back here?" Taylor asked from the couch. I sat down next to Nash in a chair and then put my things on the desk, along with my coat on the back of the chair. 

"Um, Cameron invited me." I said. All the guys 'oohed' at that, making me roll my eyes and blush. 

"Speaking of him, where is Cameron?" Shawn asked. 

"Don't know. He didn't say where he was going." Nash said, shrugging. 

"Hm. That's a first." I mumbled. 

A few seconds later, the dressing room door swung open and hit the wall. Cameron was standing in the doorway, looking super hot. I mean, all the guys looked pretty good but Cameron was just... perfect. 

He was wearing a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black pants, and some black Converse. His hair looked a little messy, but still was looking fine. 

"Hey, sorry. I had to go talk to some fans who were... um, bothering me." he said, walking over to the row of desks. He sat down in front of the one next to me and started playing with his hair. I rolled my eyes and got up, going behind Cam.

"You are the worst at 'messing' with your hair." I said, running my fingers through his soft hair. He laughed, leaning back a little.

"Then why don't you do it?" he asked. 

"I will." I replied. After a couple minutes, I'd made it look amazing. Like 'Zayumm you got a bae, or nah?' amazing. 

"Thanks, Anna." he said, getting up. I was an inch shorter than him when he got up, and he pulled me into a hug. My head went where his shoulder was, and I breathed in his cologne.

"No problem." I said as he led the guys out of the dressing room. Nash got up, leaving only us two in the room.

"You like him, don't you?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes and took his hand in mine.

"C'mon let's go. You have some fans waiting." I said, pulling him out.

 We got to where the rest of the guys were, my hand was still holding Nash's hand. As we approached, I saw Cameron's gaze flicker to our hands then turn back to the empty stage. 

I let go quickly and then smoothed out my dress. A few minutes later, the guys were out onstage, goofing off and dancing around. I laughed, crossing my hands over my chest.

"Alright, alright. Now we all know that we have some singers among us, right?" Cameron said into his mic. The crowed yelled and whooped, clapping as they did. "Now, who wants to see some performances?" They cheered even more. 

"So who wants to see Shawn perform with a friend of mine? Her name is Anna Booths, I'm pretty sure you've all heard of her." Cameron said, nodding his head. 

There were so many 'yes' responses to count as I widened my eyes and made eye contact with Cameron. He motioned for me to come onstage, tilting his head a little.

I sucked in a breath as I got handed a mic and slowly stepped out onto the stage.

"Um, hi." I said, waving at the girls. They all kept cheering as I made my way to the group of guys. 

"You can sing?" Carter asked. I nodded my head, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"And I can play the piano to songs that I know." I added.

"I've heard her. She's amazing, you guys." Cameron said, raising his eyebrows again. 

"So what song should we sing?" Shawn asked.