Chapter 14. Leaving

I walked with Cameron, hand in hand, to the glass sliding doors that led inside the airport. The guys trailed behind us, all having their own seperate conversations. 

The breeze blew my hair back as we walked into the large airport. I took in my surroundings, only seeing a few people walking around. 

"Come on. We have to check in or whatever over here." Cameron said, pulling me slightly to the counter where the Virgin Airlines counter was. As we approached, I heard Cameron laugh. 

"Cameron, you're so immature." I laughed, hitting him playfully on the shoulder. He smiled and looked down at me. 

"It's funny, Anna!" he protested as we got closer. I felt Nash's presence on the other side of me a few seconds later.

"So, Anna," he started off like a therapist, "are you going to miss Cameron while he's gone?" I laughed and looked up at him. 

"Hmm. Probably... not." I joked, giggling. Cameron let out a gasp next to me as I looked over at him. "Cam, I'm just kidding. I am going to miss you like crazy." 

"Good, cause I'll be doing the same." he mumbled. We finally got to the counter and Cameron put his hand that wasn't holding mine onto the counter. "Hi, we have a flight to New York City, leaving at nine." The receptionist typed something on her computer before looking up.

"Can I see your tickets please?" she asked sweetly. 

I was suddenly trampled by the guys rushing over and shoving their tickets onto the counter. After a few minutes, the guys had gotten their luggage taken to the plane and we were now walking to where they would be checked by security and then get on the plane after a few minutes. 

I felt a knot form in my stomach as we slowly walked to the security area. I felt Cameron's grip on my hand tighten and I did the same.

"You can wait with us until we get on the plane, right?" he asked as Taylor and Nash made their way to the front of the security line. 

"Yeah, I got a ticket to go there." I said, nodding. I laughed as I saw Nash and Hayes start to fight over a particular bucket to put their stuff in. 

"I can't believe I'm going to be stuck on a five hour flight with them." I heard Cameron say as we walked to the security line. 

"You'll be fine." I assured him. He rolled his eyes and stepped into line.

After another minute or two, we all had our shoes back on and we also had the guys' carry-ons. We finally found the gate they were supposed to be at and took up a whole row of seats. I pulled my legging-covered leg up to my chest and tucked the other one under it as I got on my phone. 

"And... here we have the beautiful Anna looking at her phone." I heard Cameron say. I looked up from my phone at him and saw he was pointing his phone at me. 

"Cameron, stop." I whined, covering my face.

"No." he replied. 

I looked down at my phone and saw Cameron had sent me a Snapchat. I tapped on the notification and then on the little bar that had his name on it. It was a video of what he just did. 

Sliding over to the stories screen, I saw Cameron had also updated his story.

"Cameron, did you really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He gave me a cheesy smile before going back to his phone. I slid to my camera screen and held it up to face Cameron. "Cameron!" He jerked his head up and looked over at me with a worried look on his face.

"What? Do you need something?" he asked, standing up. I laughed, going to my right a little. 

"No... I was just... seeing what you would... do." I managed to get out between laughs. 

Cameron gave me a look before sitting back down in his seat, turning away from me a little. I laughed again and stopped recording. I tapped on the screen and the small black bar showed up. 

I typed in 'he's mad at me now...oops'. I sent it to my story before clicking off my phone and turning around, joining in on Johnson and Gilinsky's conversation about Matt eating bananas weirdly (even though he says he only did it for the Vine). 

"Flight 287 from Los Angeles, California to New York, New York, this is your first boarding call. Flight 287." the lady on the intercoms announced. 

I sighed as the guys slowly got up, all groaning as they did. Before we came here, they all participated in one of my workout classes. 

"Babies." I muttered as I followed the mob of boys to where you get on the plane. 

"Don't we get a good-bye?" Hayes pouted slightly. 

I laughed and hugged him, my head only reaching to where his shoulder was. After giving each guy a seperate hug (and Shawn almost carrying me onto the plane), I finally made it to Cameron. 

He had his hands stuffed in the front pocket of his sweatshirt, his head looking down a little.

"Cameron." I said softly as I walked over to him. He lifted his head, meeting my eyes.

"I don't want to leave you." he said as I wrapped my arms around him. 

"I know. But you'll be back in three months." I reminded him. It was what I was telling myself every second in my head: he's going to be back in three months. You'll see him in three months. 

"But it's not the same. I want to see you every day, not over FaceTime." he said, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest. I smiled and breathed in his cologne. 

"I know." I said, nodding my head a little. I felt some tears brimming my eyes as we pulled from the hug at the third announcement of his flight boarding. 

"Three months." he said, walking to the door where he would go onto the plane. I followed behind him, stopping at the desk where a lady stood and scanned his ticket before handing it back to him. 

"Cameron," I said, stopping him before he walked off. 

He turned around, his eyebrows slightly raised. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to me, then got onto my tip-toes and crashed my lips against his. 

After a few moments of surprise, I felt him kiss back. His right arm went around my waist as his left hand reached up and cupped my cheek. The lady at the desk cleared her throat after a minute, making us break from the kiss. 

"I'll miss you." Cameron whispered, looking into my eyes.

"I'll miss you too." I whispered back. 

We hugged one last time, then he went into the narrow hallway thing. I saw the door close and raced over to where the windows were, so I could see his plane leave. 

I bounced on the balls of my feet for the painful minutes it just sat there, reminding me it was going to take off and I wasn't going to see Cameron for three months. After about five minutes, the plane slowly started to back up and then make its way to the runway area. 

It took off, flying off into the night. 

"Bye, Cameron." I whispered.