Chapter 9. Problem

"So, you're going on a tour?" I asked Cameron. 

We were sitting in his room, trying to finish our project that we were assigned to in English. It's been a week since I met Nash, and from then on, it's just kind of been a blur. 

I found out two days ago, from Nash, that he, Cameron, and seven other guys were starting this thing called MAGCon, or Meet and Greet Convention. And they were going on a country-wide tour. (A/N: Since this is a fan fiction, Magcon has not ended and they are still all friends). 

"Yeah. We leave on Saturday at nine." he said, writing in his journal. I sucked in a breath, realizing that Saturday was in two days. 

"Really? How does... um, how does Brooke feel about this?" I asked, playing with the fringes on my sweater I was wearing. 

"She said that she's cool with it. As long as I don't cheat on her for the few months I'm gone." he laughed. I widened my eyes and sat up on his bed.

"Few months? You're gonna be gone for a few months?" I exclaimed.

"Well, yeah. We're traveling to each state, so it's gonna take a while. Luckily, our first show is here in L.A. so at least we can kick it off at home." he said, spinning around in his chair to face me. I put my head in my hands and criss-crossed my legs. "Are you okay, Anna?" I shook my head, and heard him walk over to the bed. The mattress dipped to my left a little, letting me know Cam had sat down. 

"Cameron, you're my best guy friend. I don't know if I'll be able to go a few months without you." I said, looking into his eyes. 

He sighed and scooted closer to me, then wrapped his arms around me. I leaned into him, feeling some tears come to my eyes. I wiped one off my cheek as they started to fall.

"I know. It might be hard, but I want you to come to our first show. To see me, Nash one last time. And you can meet the rest of the guys too." he said. I sat up straight, pulling away from him and making sure that he couldn't see the tears fall any more. I felt one slip down my cheek and I turned my head away, not wanting Cameron to see. "Hey, hey, Anna." He turned my head towards him with his hand and wiped away the tear. 

"Come with me, I want to show you something." I said, standing up.

"But, what about the project?" he asked as I walked to his door. I opened his door and turned around, arching an eyebrow at him. 

"Since when have you, Cameron Dallas, cared about a stupid project?" I asked. 

He opened his mouth, but I cut him off by grabbing his hand and pulling him out of his room. We made it out of the long hallway and went down the stairs, soon exiting his house. 

I led him into mine, and then up to my room. I closed the door behind us and faced Cameron, who was looking around my room. 

"Why are we in your room again?" he asked, turning to me. I smiled at him in response. "I have a girlfriend, remember?" I rolled my eyes and went to the piano. 

Of course I remember. You talk about her all the time, but for some reason I still like you. I thought to myself. 

"It's not that, perv. This is something that only my brother knows about." I took in a breath. Cameron sat down next to me on the bench. "My dream college to go to is Juilliard so then I can maybe get on Broadway. My parents don't even know that I want to do this. All they want me to do is go to Harvard or Yale or somewhere like that because that's where they went. But I don't want to do that. I have my own dreams, you know?" I sighed, shaking my head. "Anyways, I wanted to do this before I left but since you're leaving before me for your tour, I figured why not?"