Part I : Chapter IX

Part One. Chapter Nine.

God of Mischief & Lies.

His gaze never left my eyes as I stood up to my full height, but he still towered over me. My mind was functioning as slow and tense as a scratched CD playing. I knew him. His black hair was slicked back, dressed in a suit with a white scarf, and his slender figure, were too familiar. He was the mischievous prince that I loved to dream about, the one I told Erik all about. He was here. He was real...

  "Astryd," he whispered, my name sounding foreign to his tongue. He knew my name? Before I could question him, I was pulled into a tight, comforting hug full of longing and relief. "Astryd, you are alive."

   He then pulled away firmly grasping my head with his two palms, staring intently at my face. "I-I- I don't know what more to say...I am astounded by your live state. Astryd!" He said, a smile forming on his lips as he released his grip.

    My mind was racing, desperate to find an answer to my unspoken questions. Why was he so familiar? Why had I known his name? I've never heard it before. His name had just come naturally to me as breathing. It was almost as if it has always been there in the back of my mind, locked away. Just like the name Thor. Were they related?

   His smile faded when I didn't respond. "Do you know who I am?"

   "Loki?"

  "Do you know who I am?" He asked, again his voice beginning to shake and eyes beginning to water. He took a step back, giving me my much needed space. 

  "I've followed you in my dreams. I know you. I know what you've done." I answered honestly, emphasizing on the word 'done'. 

  His gaze averted mine, and he took a deep breath before returning it to me. "And what have I done?"

  "You've mourned for your sister, you sabotaged your brother's crowning ceremony, you were the cause of the King falling into a coma, you-"

  "That is enough." He interrupted. By the expression on his face, he seemed to understand something that I didn't. "Those were not dreams, Astryd. They were real. They actually happened, and as to why you know of it, I have no clue. Do you know who the lost Princess of Asgard is?" He asked his voice hopeful.

  "I don't know who she is, for I've never seen her. I know that she is your sister, is she not?"

  "I was never your brother!" He snapped abruptly, startling me. His glowering green eyes sent me a subtle silent apology in regards to my reaction. 

 "My brother?" I questioned, eyebrows furrowing. I don't understand…

  "Astryd," Loki began, firmly taking my hands in his as he stared into my eyes. "You are the lost Princess of Asgard."