Part II : Chapter XXIX

Part Two : Chapter Twenty-Nine.

 Sundered Siblings.

     The air around me felt thick and was suffocating. My lungs threatened to collapse, making my breathing go ragged. Ignoring my fragile state, I managed to open my eyes. Nothing looked familiar. Where was I?

      I came up to a sitting position, my eyes wandering around the room. By the looks of it, it was no more than a storage room filled with multiple robotic parts. The walls were white and the floors were tiled. The only door in the room slid open and Loki strode in, smiling at my conscious state.

      "What have you done?" I choked out, staring at him.

     "What have I done?" He repeated, rolling his eyes. His eyes met with mine and stared straight into them. Loki's eyes softened for only a moment, his facial expression wavering and threatening to collapse. "I've only done what you couldn't do."

      I averted my gaze. The thought of what would have happened if I had been the one to help Thanos instead of Loki always lingered around my mind, leaving me restless. Would Earth still be at risk? Would Loki have come back to me? Would he even be alive? Where would he have been? 

       "It was a job meant for you, but you were naive and foolish to not have taken it. So I did."

       "And you're proud of this?" I questioned, slowly standing up.

      Loki flashed me a bright smile. "Why not? I sent that dull, green creature away and I didn't even do the work. I sent Thor astray and got to see the look on his face when I did so. I killed that mortal for the fun of it and rejoiced in your cry of grief. The others are no match for me and they know it but will come after me anyways, so I can put an end to them for good. And you? I've made you completely useless."

      Loki paused for a significant pause. His words slowly sank into me, making me question his sanity.

      "I am not useless." I muttered. I balled my fists up, but instead of feeling the rush of energy, I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. I tried again, but this time I had to force myself to stop, the pain in my wrists becoming unbearable. I shuddered, feeling chills run up and down my spine. Glancing down, I noticed that I still had cuffs around both of my wrists that were made of some type of metal.

       I glanced back up, eyes wide in bewilderment. I am useless. Loki’s smile grew wider, if that was even possible. "I am more than proud. I am thrilled. I am ecstatic."

      I struggled with cuffs, trying to pry them off of me. I still had my strength due to my Asgardian side, but it didn't compare to the strength that came along with my powers. It was of no use. The cuffs didn't even move nor did they give me any sign of possibly being broken. 

    "Don't bother with them.They are specifically charmed to you by yours truly.-" Loki brings his hands up to his chest and rests them over his heart."-The iridium keeps your powers stabilized and weakens you at the same time."