Part II : Chapter XXI

Part Two: Chapter Twenty-One.

Thor's Return.

              My heart seemed to skip a beat –something that was now becoming a bad habit of mine. Everything had occurred so quickly. If I would’ve blinked, I would’ve missed it all. Thor didn’t even seem to pay attention to anything else when he burst in, his eyes set on Loki the whole time.

                “And now there’s that guy.” Tony commented staring after the direction Thor had gone in.

                “Another Asgardian?” Natasha called out over her shoulder.

          Steve glanced back towards the opened door, wide eyed and in disbelief. “That guy’s a friendly?”

               “I know him.” I mumble, and all eyes turn to me.

              “Doesn’t matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract’s lost.” Tony said his suit gearing up as he prepared to take off. I glared at him. Was he always like this?

             “Stark, we need a plan of attack!” Steve argued.

          “I have a plan. Attack.” Tony stated as if it were easy as counting to three. Steve stepped forward, prepared to stop Tony but he was too late. Tony was long gone, and the both of us were left to stare after him dumbfounded.

                “We have to do something, Steve. He can’t just attack Thor.” I told Steve.

               He nodded. “I’ll stop, Tony. Since you know the other guy, you can try and reason with him.”

**

              Thor landed onto solid ground and Loki fell on his back right on top of a cliff. Two ravens flew above the both them, their dark marble eyes taking in the situation below them. Loki groaned in pain, but began to chuckle, despite the tingling sensation at the whole situation. Had his brother really come here for him?

                “Where is the tesseract?” Thor demanded.

               “I missed you, too.” Loki laughed, his hands resting on top of his chest, a smirk on his face.

              “Do I look to be in a gaming mood?”

            “You should thank me,” Loki said, raising his head up from the ground. “With the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the All-father have to muster to conjure you here, to your precious Earth?” He questioned, sitting up and struggling a bit to stand up.

             Thor’s grip on mjolnir loosened, and it fell to the ground in a heavy thud. He rushed to his brother, helping Loki up only to hold him in a strangling manner. “I thought you dead.”