Part II : Chapter XXVIII

Part Two. Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Time to Go.

     Loki caught his sister with ease before she hit the ground. He hooked his arm under her knees and carried her bridal style. Glancing down at her unconscious state, ignited mixed and confused feelings that overwhelmed him. Among those feelings was regret. He shouldn't have knocked her out like that, but he had no other choice. She was too stubborn and Loki reacted on what the voice in his head told him to do.

    "She had it coming. " The haunting, raspy voice said, justifying Loki's violent actions. It sent chills down his spine. "Astryd is just like them. She deserves much more than a blow to the head."

      Loki froze, his body tensing up.

     "She deserves to be annihilated for just the thought of betraying you."

    "And what you deserve, you shall get, my dear sister." Loki murmured menacingly, dark thoughts possessing over him as he stared down at Astryd.

     The agents in Loki's favor rushed up to him, guiding him to safety. They shot at the opposing agents, shielding Loki from them. They led him to an empty jet and Loki stepped inside, a look of approval on his face. The exit door slid shut right after him, letting Loki's tensed up body relax. One of the agents sat himself in the pilot seat and turned around, blatant blue eyes staring up at Loki. "To where, Master?"

      "Stark building." Loki answered. 

     Carefully, he set Astryd down on the floor. She didn't move or stir. He then leaned against the wall, staring down at her with a smug expression. Her long, light blonde hair was splayed around her. She resembled an angel in her unconscious state, but Loki knew she was anything but. 

      She was his weakness, his obstacle - a demon in disguise, according to him- and Loki recognized that. That's why, when the time is right, he'd have to listen to the voice in his head and erase her from his life forever.

    For now, Loki's plan will go on smoothly. No more substantial hindrances; only the scattered avengers to deal with left. The only one who has the power to stop him was with him -not them- and now powerless. Her wrists were cuffed by braces made out of iridium, blocking her powers and weakening her. 

     No one can stop me now, Loki smirked.

**

    "Agent Coulson is down...They're here. They called it." Tony frowned, Fury's words running through his mind. He still couldn't believe it. Phil couldn't be dead; Tony had just seen him alive and well not too long ago. How could Phil have tried to take Loki down on his own? Tony wondered, blaming Phil's rash decision for his death. Was he out of his mind?

    Steve, who was seated next to Tony, sneaked a glance up at him and understood his pain. He didn't know much about Tony or Phil, but he knew enough to know that both of them were friends. They reminded Steve of the time his dear friend, Bucky Barnes, had died. Tony being in the spot he was once in and Phil in Bucky's shoes. Steve never wanted to educe that memory, but as he watched Tony, that's all he could think of.