Part II : Chapter XXIII

Part Two: Chapter Twenty-Three.

The Desperation.

                      Thor took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. He should've known that Loki would make him upset. He always does, and as much as Thor tries, he always will. Thor's beloved brother was long gone and his sister was following Loki's path. But Thor will not let her go.

                    He will not let Loki succeed in him turning her against him. He can't. Their family is already broken enough.

                       Thor leaned against the uncomfortable wall, his arms crossed against his chest. He ignored the looks he was receiving from the guards who remained by the door. He decided that he'd wait for Astryd, not wanting to wander off on his own.

                         The door opened, catching Thor's attention and he glanced up to see his sister. Her expression was unreadable, and he didn't know whether to take it as a good thing or bad. He didn't know much about his sister, but he did know one thing. That something was wrong. Her teary light blue eyes and slight frown gave her away.

                           "Are you alright?" Thor asked.

   **

                    "Yeah. I'm going to get myself cleaned up. I can lead you to the others, if you'd like, unless you want to come with me and wait in my room." I offered Thor. My main priority right now was getting myself out of this uncomfortable dress and into something more into my liking. 

                          "I rather wait in your room."

                   "Okay." I said, motioning for him to follow me. He did and we both walked to my temporary room in an awkward silence. I honestly didn't even feel like talking, not after my scene with Loki. He sat down at the bed and I headed for my duffel bag, slipping out my clothes, a towel, and my other necessities. "I won't be long."

                         Minutes later, I walked back into my room wearing comfortable jeans and a simple white v neck shirt. My hair was as dry as I'd be able to get it without the use of a blow dryer, and I ran my hand through the dampness. Thor looked up as I took a seat by him.

                         "I wanted to come and see you, I really did, but Father-"

                       "Your father." I mumbled, correcting him. Thor flinched.

                       "He's not the bad guy Loki paints him to be." Thor replied with a sigh.

                      "But he's not the good guy either. Not to me, anyways." I said. Thor's crystal blue eyes stared at me and I couldn't help but notice that they were just like mine. "He left me here alone, wiping me away of my memory so I wouldn't remember and for that I'll never forgive him. Not to mention that he's lied to you as well about me. When did he tell you?"