Part I : Chapter X

CAUTION: FLASHBACKS AHEAD. *hope you don't mind >.< *

Part One. Chapter Ten.

The Destroyer.

           Erik had to demand to Fury to let him talk to Astryd. After reading all about the Norse gods in the book at the library, he began to think that there might be a possibility that they are true. As skeptical as that sounds, he was determined that the book and Astryd were no coincidence. They had to relate somehow, but before he could do or say anything, he needed to talk to the one who knew more than the book. The Norse god himself; Thor.

        Right now, though, he needed to call Fury just to mention it to him. Dialing his number, Erik held his phone to his ear as he left the library. Fury picked up on the first ring. “Yes?”

    “You’re not going to believe this, but…”

**

    "I wouldn't have the heart to do what you did," Frigga croaked, tears escaping. "My Astryd is still alive; I can feel it. You can't just call of the search this quickly. She could be injured, she could-"

         "It's been a whole month," Odin interrupted. "Neither Heimdall or I have had a glimpse of her in any realm. It hurts to say this, my Love, but our daughter is gone."

        His eyes stared into her hurt ones as he added, "I too grieve for our daughter...but there are things even I cannot undo." His eyes then looked away, setting back on looking at the wonderful view of Asgard as he was doing so before. He couldn't look her in the eyes any longer, because he knew that the words he just spoke were a lie.

**

         "You're unlike any other kid I know, Astryd," Agent Phil mumbled, staring down at me with curiosity.

**

          My skin was paler than usual with a faint shade of a blue as were my eyes. The veins under my eyes that were normally not visible were now. They were a dark blue color matching the veins that stood out on my arms and to the symbol that was tattooed to the palm of my hands. But nothing compared to my eyes. They were the strangest shade of blue, and in the iris, there were swirls of silver that seemed to be moving as it were a fire in the darkest of nights.

          What am I?

**

     "You think you're so better than me, don't you? You are nothing but a crazy, lunatic who is probably not even from this planet!" Kayla screamed at me.

      Keep calm, I reminded myself. Keep calm...

        All the outlets, electrical wires, electronics, and anything that had involved electricity began to spark a familiar blue, causing screams to erupt from around the room. My eyes then focused onto Kayla's green eyes and I could see the horror in them and saw my reflection in them. My eyes...